Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

Has anyone found the new Castle sets yet? I saw them in the Big-W toy sale catalogue but have yet to find them. Anyway, if anyone does come across them please post prices.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    LEGO EVAC!!!!!!!!!
    THat's what first came to my mind when I saw hit hehehehe! kudos!
    Im so gonna get that. sigh. I might have to set up my Lego town in the other room now, theres not enough "build space" in the TF room anymore

BTW im sure this was posted somewhere in the old board but just to re-promote TFs and Lego combined this guy is freaking amazingly talented! Just sharing...

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/1356
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Has anyone found the new Castle sets yet? I saw them in the Big-W toy sale catalogue but have yet to find them. Anyway, if anyone does come across them please post prices.
    Yea, saw a whole heap today. I'm not interested in them though, so I didn't look at the prices, which would be pre-sale. But there was a boat, a catapult thing, and man, a bunch of other stuff with the orcs and stuff. So they are there.
    ________
    Cancer - prostate forums
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:49 AM.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

That Evac chopper looks pretty crap to me in that there's hardly any building to be done. Lots of the big pieces are just big single pieces.
    What happened to the actual building part of Lego?

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    I'm really stoked for the new Castle sets, I've been waiting for them for quite a while now and knowing that Big W will be stocking them for the big toy sale makes me extremely happy.

Defintely getting 7038: Troll Assault Wagon set for the adorable green ogre which is getting lured by the chicken leg hung over its head. The other set from the new Castle series I'm currently contemplating over is 7037: Tower Raid.

Other then those the only other future Lego sets I'm waiting for is probably 7676: Republic Attack Gunship from the Star Wars series. No release date yet though. Also 10188: Death Star set would be a dream to own but at $399.99USD (god I don't even want to think what price we'd be paying for it) I really can't justify such a price, maybe when I'm rich and not a poor poor student.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    That Evac chopper looks pretty crap to me in that there's hardly any building to be done. Lots of the big pieces are just big single pieces.
    What happened to the actual building part of Lego?
    It looks quite seamless from the image but there is quite a lot of building to be had. The only real big specialized piece was the tail end, the rest of the helicopter are made from smaller pieces that were split up into four big seperate bags.

I know some Lego fans are disliking the whole specialized pieces in the newer sets. Lego sets are ending up looking more like models due to that and to be frank I like that. I dig them specialized pieces.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm actually looking forward to lay-buying this next thursday at bigw:

http://creator.lego.com/en-us/Produc...ures/4996.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    It looks quite seamless from the image but there is quite a lot of building to be had. The only real big specialized piece was the tail end, the rest of the helicopter are made from smaller pieces that were split up into four big seperate bags.

I know some Lego fans are disliking the whole specialized pieces in the newer sets. Lego sets are ending up looking more like models due to that and to be frank I like that. I dig them specialized pieces.
    Don't worry. Mr Digger has just forgotten about the large single bits and other set specific pieces that even vintage sets had.
    ________
    Bmw k100rs
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    Defintely getting 7038: Troll Assault Wagon set for the adorable green ogre which is getting lured by the chicken leg hung over its head
    That has got to be one of the funniest things Lego has done in a set. And I have to get my hands on it purely for that reason

Other then those the only other future Lego sets I'm waiting for is probably 7676: Republic Attack Gunship from the Star Wars series. No release date yet though. Also 10188: Death Star set would be a dream to own but at $399.99USD (god I don't even want to think what price we'd be paying for it) I really can't justify such a price, maybe when I'm rich and not a poor poor student.
    I know your pain. Transformers + Lego + Video Games + Anime + Women all adds up on a small budget....
    But the Star Wars sets are starting to scare me. I couldn't stand the Clone Wars Anakin figure that came out recently. And some of the others ain't looking to great either. Except for maybe the clones and aliens

The occasional specialized piece is ok. But not like a whole set of them. Once it gets to a certain point then you loose the Lego-ness of the model. Thats one of the things I like about them, that you make them from basic parts and can break them up and build other things.

Gah! Must. Stay. Away. From. This. Thread. Temptation. Too. Great.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I couldn't wait and grabbed a full set of the new castle stuff when they were first available on ebay a few months ago...

The troll warship is awesome! So is the knight on dragon.

The troll battle wheel has been available locally in TRU for a while, and is an exclusive.

Am tempted to order a few more of the Skeletons battle pack from lego.com