Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

Hopefully that price filters down to Kmart. Been wanting it but not for the full rrp.

Speaking of which I was going to bite the bullet and get some of the new Technic sets only to find they were priced quite high. It appears that they added 20% extra on the prices. That small bulldozer is $20!

The new Bionicles sets are out too. On the back of the package it has instructions included inside for a figure game involving the sets. I wonder if its any good?

Those new Indy sets are good for mini-fig fodder. I'm liking the mine carts.

those new star wars sets are awesome I cant wait for them too come out Im guessing next year probably LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Hopefully that price filters down to Kmart. Been wanting it but not for the full rrp.

Speaking of which I was going to bite the bullet and get some of the new Technic sets only to find they were priced quite high. It appears that they added 20% extra on the prices. That small bulldozer is $20!

The new Bionicles sets are out too. On the back of the package it has instructions included inside for a figure game involving the sets. I wonder if its any good?

Yeah, I noticed that too. The online store has the Quad Bike for $60 but K-Mart have it for $65. I think they're trying to preserve margins. The bulldozer is the same price as it is on the Legoshop site tho.

Also, note that K-Mart are already clearing out Mars Mission sets which is amazingly strange. I was gonna buy them for parts but figured i really probably shouldn't with time at a premium now.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Apparently Lego increased the prices last year, but because of out good $ at the time, we were buffeted from the price rise. Now the dollar is crap, so we get the price rise.
    I also suspect Lego is trying to protect itself from the financial crisis, so they kept prices at the increase so they can add some padding to their pockets even though oil has dropped considerably.
    Annoying it is, I think it is kind of ok seeing as they are still a customer focused company.
    And if I remember right, still family owned.
    Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    The online store has the Quad Bike for $60 but K-Mart have it for $65. I think they're trying to preserve margins.
    And when there is a 10/20% off sale it drops. I swear it's a con K-mart is trying to do
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I thought it'd have something to do with the financial crisis. They aren't too expensive but when you want to get 3+ at a time. It adds up. Time to wait for a sale.

I thought it'd have something to do with the financial crisis. They aren't too expensive but when you want to get 3+ at a time. It adds up. Time to wait for a sale.
    It was originally because of the high oil price. But when it dropped, they kept the prices up to pad themselves out.
    Although they have been having a rough couple of years since 2000, so they do really need some protecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    And if I remember right, still family owned.
    I thought I remembered reading on another forum that its no longer family owned....Forgot where though.

Thought it was odd that the larger Mars Mission sets were being reduced already.

Then again the Speed Racer lego was reduced quickly too...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS PRIME View Post
    I thought I remembered reading on another forum that its no longer family owned....Forgot where though.
    The Wikipedia article about Lego says that the company is still privately owned and the article about the Lego Group says it is still family owned.