Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

Saw the Town Plan today at Myer reduced from $200 to $160, while Lego.com is selling it for $250!
    Very very tempted...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Saw the Town Plan today at Myer reduced from $200 to $160, while Lego.com is selling it for $250!
    Very very tempted...
    Really? I thought it was too expensive. I really want one. My lil sister and I love these type of sets. Might have to go back and layby a set. She'll love it.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

So is anyone trying to build TFs with Legos? Which Lego genres do you think provide the best raw materials?

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Really? I thought it was too expensive. I really want one. My lil sister and I love these type of sets. Might have to go back and layby a set. She'll love it.
    Yep, still $250 on Lego.com:

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10184

Have to say Myer's no deposit lay-by before December was very very attractive. But I couldn't spare the money, and the Myer I went to had heaps in stock so I just left it.

I also almost bought this from Target today but will wait for the sale:

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product...31&cn=355&d=70

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    So is anyone trying to build TFs with Legos? Which Lego genres do you think provide the best raw materials?
    Haven't made any attempt. The Exo-force sets seem to provide good joints and some of the Ferrei racing sets have many red bricks for Optimus Prime...

Um have you seen this jay? this guy is AWESOME!
    http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/1356.

If I have his same vision insight and inspiration to do what he does I'd be grinning at myself everytime - that is until someone slaps a straqightjacket on me...:P
    Last edited by liegeprime; 6th July 2008 at 02:04 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Kyle: Do all Myer branches carry the Town plan thingie? Im really keen on getting one. Missed out on laybying the Cafe corner set (saw one in Myer Parramatta months ago during a meet) coz I wasnt thinking. Didn't cross my mind - you can "layby the thing", DUH!..... I was stupidly thinking at that time - YOU DONT HAVE $250!!! PUT IT DOWN ... NOW!

Just to be clear this the one with the town hall, fountain, cinema and local gas station/carwash isnt it?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Town Plan is an awesome set. One of the best city sets ever IMO. I'm gunna go the hunt for one today.

I haven't made a custom for an age and a lot of my bricks are tied up in production sets at the moment so I probably wont for a while, but the best TF Lego I have seen so far was a set of Predacons that all transformed individually and also formed Predaking just like the real guys do. I was stunned by the quality and beauty of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Kyle: Do all Myer branches carry the Town plan thingie? Im really keen on getting one. Missed out on laybying the Cafe corner set (saw one in Myer Parramatta months ago during a meet) coz I wasnt thinking. Didn't cross my mind - you can "layby the thing", DUH!..... I was stupidly thinking at that time - YOU DONT HAVE $250!!! PUT IT DOWN ... NOW!

Just to be clear this the one with the town hall, fountain, cinema and local gas station/carwash isnt it?
    Yep it's the box with Lego founder's Grandson on the cover. Not sure if all Myer branches carry it, I've only seen it in the Perth city Myer so far. They had roughly 30 (could have been more).

I actually never saw Cafe Corner/Market Street in Perth Myer, instead saw one of them (can't remember which) in Perth city David Jones a few months ago. They still had 2 boxes left there yesterday at $250. I can remember the price but cannot remember if it was Cafe Corner or Market Street (have very poor memory... ).

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Town Plan is an awesome set. One of the best city sets ever IMO. I'm gunna go the hunt for one today.
    This set is so tempting...

I haven't made a custom for an age and a lot of my bricks are tied up in production sets at the moment so I probably wont for a while, but the best TF Lego I have seen so far was a set of Predacons that all transformed individually and also formed Predaking just like the real guys do. I was stunned by the quality and beauty of it all.
    What I find is... as a kid all the sets bought by my parents would eventually be disassembled into a big box and I would have wild fun with all the parts building all sorts of stuff. But now as a grown up when I go buy my own kits, I tend to buy the sets for their designs and appreciate them more. So I now prefer to build them and leave them and far less reluctant to use these sets for parts. And I don't really have much time to be creative again anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    What I find is... as a kid all the sets bought by my parents would eventually be disassembled into a big box and I would have wild fun with all the parts building all sorts of stuff. But now as a grown up when I go buy my own kits, I tend to buy the sets for their designs and appreciate them more. So I now prefer to build them and leave them and far less reluctant to use these sets for parts. And I don't really have much time to be creative again anyway...
    I had the same phenomenon as a kid. As an adult, I now buy sets that I like for the sets, but I do envisage them all eventually getting thrown into the same vat, but I'll always save the instruction in case I do want to revisit something.

I made one a while ago. Based on on Cybertron Starscream
    Gallery
    Entered it into a competition, but got knocked out because I was in with another awesome one.
    but that was ages ago. I haven't had time to build anything myself recently.
    Last thing I built was this, and that was 2 years ago.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|