Page 137 of 154 FirstFirst ... 117127132133134135136137138139140141142147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Re that cameo (which I loved and quite understand why Kevin Smith loved too), some things to ponder (in spoilerific white):
    - Kevin Smith exists in the MCU.
    - Kevin Smith’s art exists in the MCU.
    - Words that Kevin Smith wrote are in a MCU movie, making him a screenwriter for the MCU (albeit an extremely tenuous one).

And getting really meta:
    - Stan Lee’s cameo is him playing himself, on his way to make a movie where he played himself, which he also did in real life.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Saw Capt. Marvel and it is a good movie. Is it better than Wonder Woman? No. Is it better than Alita? DEFINITELY no.

P.S. I wish NIN's Head Like A Hole was featured in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Saw Capt. Marvel and it is a good movie. Is it better than Wonder Woman? No. Is it better than Alita? DEFINITELY no.

P.S. I wish NIN's Head Like A Hole was featured in the movie.
    Alita is amazing.

I'm glad people are enjoying Captain Marvel though, the culture wars are in full swing for this one and the line in the sand seems to have been Alita having the critics give it no love and then verbally fellate Captain Marvel for the reasons that Alita fulfilled as well as Wonder Woman.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

08:08 in this video explains how having haemocyanin based blue blood would beneficial to the Kree. Although something this video doesn't comment about is that while blue blooded creatures function better in low oxygen and low temperature environments, they also perform worse in oxygen-rich environments. This is why IRL blue-blooded creatures inhabit oxygen-poor cold environments (and are all invertebrates), whereas creatures who live in oxygen-rich environments like the surface of the Earth, have red blood. So... not sure how Kree, Vulcans, Romulans etc. would biologically operate as well in the same environments as humans. IRL blue blooded and red blooded animals generally don't share the same habitats. Our blood types specifically suit our respective environments.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Yeah id rate alita over ms marvel, had more of a fun ride with alita

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    08:08 in this video explains how having haemocyanin based blue blood would beneficial to the Kree. Although something this video doesn't comment about is that while blue blooded creatures function better in low oxygen and low temperature environments, they also perform worse in oxygen-rich environments. This is why IRL blue-blooded creatures inhabit oxygen-poor cold environments (and are all invertebrates), whereas creatures who live in oxygen-rich environments like the surface of the Earth, have red blood. So... not sure how Kree, Vulcans, Romulans etc. would biologically operate as well in the same environments as humans. IRL blue blooded and red blooded animals generally don't share the same habitats. Our blood types specifically suit our respective environments.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
    I’m curious as to why, with ALL the suspension of disbelief that has been required to sit through every single MCU movie, you seem to be hung up on this?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I don't know what to make of the new Shazam trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I’m curious as to why, with ALL the suspension of disbelief that has been required to sit through every single MCU movie, you seem to be hung up on this?
    I am being rather bloody minded about it.

I've commented on the scientific inaccuracies in other movies too (e.g. how Thanos killing off half of all life would likely lead to the other half massively dying off too), as well as the historical inaccuracies in other movies - e.g. Dunkirk; which is mostly accurate but funnily enough Nolan made parts of the movie less accurate by trying to be too authentic. He insisted on shooting the film on the actual location of Dunkirk... as in Dunkirk today which looks like a regular modern city and not the ruined/flattened rubble that it would've been at the time of the evacuation. He also didn't show French defenders holding off the Germans to buy time for British forces to retreat, nor did he show a more multicultural looking British force (as they drew soldiers from across the Commonwealth and not just Britain). Nolan's insistence on using as little CGI as possible also hurt the accuracy of the film; such as the number of people on the beach which was populated by physical extras. In reality that beach was packed and it would've been more accurate to simply fill in the background with computer generated extras. Sure, have live extras in the foreground or even the middle ground, but the background could be further embellished with computer generated extras. Why not?

Captain Marvel is certainly quite historically accurate in its depiction of 1995.

Just watched

Great first minute then just ok IMO!