Page 149 of 154 FirstFirst ... 129139144145146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

So, Zack Snyder Justice League, the movie we needed but not the one we deserved. Damn sight better than what we got before. I wish we could get more. If the morons at WB had any sense, they'd let him finish the saga.

Godzilla V Kong. First and second godzilla and Kong are great movies that were grounded. This movie throws all that out the window with heavy sifi themes. Hollow earth and special spacecraft with anti gravity something something... It has a lot of cgi sets. It has the girl from stranger things and the kiwi dude from the rapping subway ad/dead pool 2.

Not as good as that which came before it, no idea where they go to from here. Really need a stronger execution in story telling. Fun for brain at door popcorn flick. Least favourite of all the big monster films.

Kinda reminds me of Bayformers. A group of kids running around while big things fight eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Godzilla V Kong. First and second godzilla and Kong are great movies that were grounded. This movie throws all that out the window with heavy sifi themes. Hollow earth and special spacecraft with anti gravity something something... It has a lot of cgi sets. It has the girl from stranger things and the kiwi dude from the rapping subway ad/dead pool 2.

Not as good as that which came before it, no idea where they go to from here. Really need a stronger execution in story telling. Fun for brain at door popcorn flick. Least favourite of all the big monster films.

Kinda reminds me of Bayformers. A group of kids running around while big things fight eachother.
    Where they go from here is nowhere. Godzilla vs Kong is as far as they can go because now Godzilla stands supreme with no titan to challenge him.

Watched A Quiet Place Pt 2 (and thankfully just before the lockdown blocked this movie once again).

It's a very good continuation (not really a sequel) and so it's best to treat them both as one big movie rather than asking which is the better one.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Where they go from here is nowhere. Godzilla vs Kong is as far as they can go because now Godzilla stands supreme with no titan to challenge him.
    I've really enjoyed Legendary's Monsterverse. If they make more movies for this continuity, there are still aliens like Gigan, or we could have human-made monsters Biollante.

Went to see Cruella because it star's the delightful Emma Stone and what I got exceeds expectations. So much so, that I had to look up the director because I could swear it was Tim Burton (sadly it's not). Such is the feel of the movie.

Watched A Quiet Place Pt 2 (and thankfully just before the lockdown blocked this movie once again).

It's a very good continuation (not really a sequel) and so it's best to treat them both as one big movie rather than asking which is the better one.
    I thought it was a surprisingly functional film.

When I saw that they were making a second one my first instinct was that it was a bad idea. The first one told a tight, closed story with a hopeful ending. i didn't feel it needed continuing. The second one managed to feel not pointless, which is probably the best it could have been.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Seen Black Widow and based on the post-credits ending it's looking like we may have a Hawkeye movie in the future.

Seen Black Widow and based on the post-credits ending it's looking like we may have a Hawkeye movie in the future.
    Disney Plus TV show next year

Suicide Squad 2. Good movie. Better than the first.

Black Widow. Great marvel movie as always. Smaller contained story.

Snake Eyes. Good origin story, bad acting especially by the smaller co stars. Sam weaving and who played the baroness were bad. Not up there with Black Widow .