Page 150 of 154 FirstFirst ... 130140145146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Free Guy. An AI inside a game gains smart thinking. Nonsensical fun. Uses twitch/youtube streamers in cameos errk. Theres a story of code theft among it all. Kinda hammy in acting with big name cameos. Hard to place, nothing ground breaking, average but light fun.

I've been watching a smattering of RomComs with my fiance over the last few weeks.

She's The Man: This film would not get made today. Also, it undercuts its own premise in its last five minutes and the protagonists have no chemistry. Do not watch.

10 Things I Hate About You: Decent light fluff. So far as this corner of the RomCom niche goes (not racy, lite viewing) this is probably as good as it gets.

Wedding Crashers: The humour in this aged like old milk in a broken fridge. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn have great chemistry though.

She's The Man: About par for this kind of film? By this point I'm wondering how these people all live in such nice homes when they don't seem to do anything.

He's The Man: Possibly the worst film I've seen this year.

The Ugly Truth: Two entirely unlikeable characters exist in eachother's space for 80 minutes and then decide they're in love. Truly bad.

How To Lose a Guy in Ten Days: I get the feeling that whoever wrote and directed this really doesn't like women.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

The best thing about 10 Things I Hate About You is Calypso by Spiderbait.🙃

Watched No Time To Die and I find it the weakest of the Bond quintology. Special mention to Ana de Armas from Knives Out who does an amazing job like Olga Kurylenko from Quantum of Solace.

Also saw Shang-Chi and The Eternals. The former is amazing and does for asian people what Black Panther does for black people. The latter is not bad but could've been shortened.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Watched No Time To Die and I find it the weakest of the Bond quintology. Special mention to Ana de Armas from Knives Out who does an amazing job like Olga Kurylenko from Quantum of Solace.
    I find it tries to do a lot of heavy lifting trying to bring the threads of all five movies together. They very quickly dispose of the Spectre legacy from the last film and then bring the stakes down to a much more personal story - which is more interesting dramatically, but lacks the high stakes adventure thrill of previous Bonds. I also never really understood Safin's ultimate ambitions - the virus he obtains and threatens to unleash is played more as an error of hubris on the part of MI6 rather than an ambition of the villain.

I don't know if it's just age or the quality of the films that I really enjoy them while watching them, but then don't really recall too much afterwards.

The Enternals: Good film but just a bit flat. The pacing is a bit off with the film

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    The Enternals: Good film but just a bit flat. The pacing is a bit off with the film
    Meh, saw the trailer, gave me absolutely no inclination to see the film at all.

Saw No Time To Die last night.

I thought it was a film with really enjoyable good guys (specifically Lashana Lynch, Ralph Fiennes and Ana de Armas were great) but really uninteresting antagonists. The guy doing a comedy Russian accent was about three decades too late for a Bond film.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Venom: Carnage. Much the same as the first except more personal, saving loved ones than the world. If you enjoyed the first you'll enjoy the second. There is a lot of construction in the first part of the film. Action is in the final part

Dune. Great visuals, good acting, so what is wrong with it? Its overly long and story is bland. Many other stories of this theme have been told before and you see what is going to happen in the movie before it happens. If it was released a few years ago, might have been better story wise as it would be fresher. It says part one, will we ever see a part two? Would like to see what happens. Overall great movie that is just a lil long and a bit bored in its narritive.

If you go see the movie, monitor the speed of the movie, when a sand worm raises up in front of a son and mother after running across the sand, to me it appeared that the film hit something similar to 2x play. It sped up for a few scenes.