Page 24 of 154 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

watched oblivion really liked it dont want to say anything as i dont want to spoil it for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    watched oblivion really liked it dont want to say anything as i dont want to spoil it for anyone else.
    It has dashes of old scifi, like 2001 or Metropolis but with modern Hollywood action scenes.
    I don't think the two work well together but this is enjoyable.

I watched Cloud Atlas the other day.
    It had it's moments but unfortunately i didn't really enjoy it.
    It was a bit busy for me, too many different scenarios set over various times and realities, loosely (too loosely at times) linked together.
    There were some futuristic scenes that i liked but the majority, for me, failed to hammer home any kind of point.
    I think if they had dropped a few of the realities it could have made a stronger, shorter movie.

On the other hand, I just thoroughly enjoyed Gangster Squad.

Saw Star Trek into darkness last night, I am familiar with ST Next Generation but I haven't really watched any of the other star trek movies. I got to say I enjoyed it, lots of drama, action and fighting but to me I didn't really get the whole "into darkness" thing because it all went really fast, just a superior being going around killing people trying to save his own people. It felt like it all was a blur. Overall 3 and a half out of 5.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Saw Star Trek into darkness last night, I am familiar with ST Next Generation but I haven't really watched any of the other star trek movies. I got to say I enjoyed it, lots of drama, action and fighting but to me I didn't really get the whole "into darkness" thing because it all went really fast, just a superior being going around killing people trying to save his own people. It felt like it all was a blur. Overall 3 and a half out of 5.

I saw it last friday, thought it was awesome. Nice to see the original Spock again. Special effects were great, I liked it. Go see it.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

- Stupidly fun and the movie is well self-aware of that. You can tell everyone seemed to have fun making this and I had fun watching it - an excellent 7/10!

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post

I saw it last friday, thought it was awesome. Nice to see the original Spock again. Special effects were great, I liked it. Go see it.
    Just saw it as well...and i like it ..... The orig Spock appearing like that from the future?..wasn't really necessary ... i think they should of implemented that abit better ...it was like an after thought .... love the homage to the old movie with the reactor scene .... And the two red shirt on the away mission ..

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Just saw it as well...and i like it ..... The orig Spock appearing like that from the future?..wasn't really necessary ... i think they should of implemented that abit better ...it was like an after thought .... love the homage to the old movie with the reactor scene .... And the two red shirt on the away mission ..
    Watch the '09 Star Trek movie. The one with Eric Bana. It explains how there are two Spocks in this universe and Vulcan got Alderaan'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Watch the '09 Star Trek movie. The one with Eric Bana. It explains how there are two Spocks in this universe and Vulcan got Alderaan'ed.
    Cool thanks....i totally forgot that bit...ill go back to watch it again

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    If you wanna do some peripheral continuity catch up, look up an episode of the original Star Trek series called "Space Seed" -- I recently watched it on YouTube, including cheesy 1967 TV ads! (including tobacco advertising! ) -- you might want to consider watching the movie Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan; Into Darkness has several bits that parallels that movie. I need to watch that film again -- haven't seen it in decades!

"KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"