Page 40 of 154 FirstFirst ... 203035363738394041424344455060 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Gravity was a really enjoyable movie. The thing that I liked most about it is that the director did not fall into the trap of making it 2+ hours like every other movie out there. If you can tell the same effective story in under 1.5 hours, go for it. Those with short attention spans will appreciate your work Also, I have a new found crush on Sandra Bullock. If I were to get stuck in space with one chick, it would be her.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I saw Frozen today and thought it was great. Really enjoyed it and thought it was really quite funny, I laughed out loud more than I expected to. I was already sold on it from seeing the Let It Go sequence which Disney released on YouTube (which is an amazing musical number). (I also like Tangled a lot too, but Wreck-It Ralph was disappointing)
    I was looking forward to watching Frozen after reading positive reviews online, but after watching it a few times with my daughters, it's just another kids movie to me. My daughters loved it, but it didn't entertain my like other movies have, such as Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph (which both are awesome). It was a predictable movie and none of the sings were catchy.

I'm a huge fan of Wreck-It Ralph as i'm a huge gamer and the movie was full of gaming references and jokes, and also the voice acting was perfect IMO. I really hope they see the potential for a sequel, as there are so many games and gaming material to use.

Gravity was an awesome film. The sound and music was used to good effect to show the emptiness and vacuum of space. And the visuals were awesome. And my high school crush on Sandra Bullock (from the Speed days) has returned

I took the family to see frozen and ad watched it in 3d. I really enjoyed the movie i thought the animation and 3d was done pretty good, one of the better movies i have seen for 3d. I also enjoyed the musical aspect especially liked Let It Go sung by Idina Menzel. There was quite a few bits that i found funny. The story was predictable but most animated features are.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Gravity was a really enjoyable movie. The thing that I liked most about it is that the director did not fall into the trap of making it 2+ hours like every other movie out there. If you can tell the same effective story in under 1.5 hours, go for it. Those with short attention spans will appreciate your work Also, I have a new found crush on Sandra Bullock. If I were to get stuck in space with one chick, it would be her.
    Really? REAlly?? REALLY???

I found this movie completely and utterly boring. Apart from the George clooney hallucination and the pretty scenery this movie bites! The wife fell asleep 7 minutes into it which is a new record for her

I don't understand the academy award hype behind it either, I think it's already been pre-Awarded and now the powers that be are trying to justify it to us consumers.

I thought R.I.P.D was better and that's a bad movie
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I really like gravity as well ... all through the movie I was sucked in and never once I felt like I was in a cinema ...until the baby started crying behind me !!
    And yeah RIPD was such a bad movie!!

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    I really like gravity as well ... all through the movie I was sucked in and never once I felt like I was in a cinema ...until the baby started crying behind me !!

It never ceases to amaze me at how stupidly selfish some people are. Ever since my daughter was born, my wife and I hardly ever go to the cinemas. But having a stunted social life is something you accept when you become a parent (unless you're fortunate enough to have a pool of friends/relos who can help w/ baby sitting, which not everyone has). Even now with our daughter starting Kindy this year, the only times we watch new movies is either:
    a/ If someone can babysit
    b/ We go all go together to the drive-in cinema (thus our car acts like a "cone of silence" that insulates our sounds from other patrons (and vice versa ))
    c/ We watch it on DVD or BR <---this happens the most
    Another option that I haven't used but I know is available, is to go to a parents and bubs screening session.

I have no intention of bringing our daughter to a cinema until she's old enough to sit still for an entire film without talking or crying (she still gets freaked out by Yubaba when she watches Spirited Away ) or whinging etc. Usually it's mostly asking us to explain what's happening or why something is happening. But I seriously cannot stand people who speak or otherwise deliberately make noises during movies. Even whispering is annoying because you can hear people whispering from several rows away. It's as if these people are too dense to realise that cinemas are acoustically designed to carry sound (and have been since ancient times... it's how Greek and Roman senators were able to address audiences without the need for a microphone and speakers, likewise pre-modern age opera, theatre (e.g. Shakespeare) etc.). This article about the Epidaurus Theatre constructed 2500 years ago demonstrates how theatre acoustics work, but architectural acoustics date back even 200 years earlier than that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustics

[QUOTE=GoktimusPrime;394080]
    It never ceases to amaze me at how stupidly selfish some people are. Ever since my daughter was born, my wife and I hardly ever go to the cinemas. But having a stunted social life is something you accept when you become a parent (unless you're fortunate enough to have a pool of friends/relos who can help w/ baby sitting, which not everyone has). Even now with our daughter starting Kindy this year, the only times we watch new movies is either:
    a/ If someone can babysit
    b/ We go all go together to the drive-in cinema (thus our car acts like a "cone of silence" that insulates our sounds from other patrons (and vice versa ))
    c/ We watch it on DVD or BR <---this happens the most
    Another option that I haven't used but I know is available, is to go to a parents and bubs screening session.
    QUOTE]

I reckon hey!! and it was at 930 at night in a 3D cinema !! the kid was like 2-3 yr old ! if it a kids movie then it is understandable but Gravity ! think the kid got scared when the space station was hit!

There was a young child, wouldn't have been older than 5, at a screening of the Dark knight sitting behind us. It was a 9.30 PM session. The kid was so scared throughout the movie he kept on crying. The parents were a classy-looking pair, tramp-stamp and neck tattoos galore
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Watched Solomon Kane again last night. Forgot about how great it is and how underrated that film really is. Purefoy is a great actor and I don't think they coulda picked anyone different.

Saw hobbit: smaug. After the spiders scene, it seemed to drag, until we meet the dragon. Not as good as the first. Waiting on the final instalment.