Page 65 of 154 FirstFirst ... 455560616263646566676869707585 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Avengers Character Appearance Spoiler Ahead (although nothing that isn't shown in trailers)

My only qualm with the film -- and let me disclaim by saying that I totally recognise that it's an introverted biased nerdy fanboy qualm and not at all a proper criticism of the film -- is that they made Quicksilver a distinctly separate character from Quicksilver in X-Men Days of Future Past. Yeah yeah, I know that they're different studios/continuities, but still... I would've preferred it if they could somehow interconnect, or at very least, avoid direct contradiction. Marvel are allowed to use Sony characters so long as they don't directly refer to their films' events (e.g. origin stories) and vice versa. Although given that Quicksilver was a teenager in 1973...
    End nerdy fanboy qualm.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Avengers Character Appearance Spoiler Ahead (although nothing that isn't shown in trailers)

My only qualm with the film -- and let me disclaim by saying that I totally recognise that it's an introverted biased nerdy fanboy qualm and not at all a proper criticism of the film -- is that they made Quicksilver a distinctly separate character from Quicksilver in X-Men Days of Future Past. Yeah yeah, I know that they're different studios/continuities, but still... I would've preferred it if they could somehow interconnect, or at very least, avoid direct contradiction. Marvel are allowed to use Sony characters so long as they don't directly refer to their films' events (e.g. origin stories) and vice versa. Although given that Quicksilver was a teenager in 1973...
    End nerdy fanboy qualm.
    That is because they didn't want Marvel Universe and X-Men Universe mixing
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I saw Age of Ultron and it was pretty good. I think the humor was a lot better than the first film's and some of the indications of the coming together of various films were excellent.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

End nerdy fanboy qualm.
    If you throw enough pebbles in the river you can change the future
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I know that this is crying over spilt milk, but it still kinda irks me that Peter Jackson decided to change the actor for Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit trilogy. The One Ring gave Bilbo unnatural long life, and when Gandalf first meets Bilbo in The Fellowship of the Ring, he says, "You haven't aged a day." I was really expecting Ian Holm to reprise the role of Bilbo Baggins in those films. Certainly would've made more sense than shoe-horning those elves into them!

The missus and I went and saw Avengers 2. Its the first time ive gotten to the flicks since The Lego Movie and its the first time she has been since the first Avengers when we were on holiday in Brisbane. Like many of you we really enjoyed it! My fav part was Hulk vs Iron Man and she really liked Ultron since we are both big fans of James Spader

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    The missus and I went and saw Avengers 2. Its the first time ive gotten to the flicks since The Lego Movie and its the first time she has been since the first Avengers when we were on holiday in Brisbane. Like many of you we really enjoyed it! My fav part was Hulk vs Iron Man and she really liked Ultron since we are both big fans of James Spader
    One of a few actors that I could listen to all day. He's a brilliant narrator!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    One of a few actors that I could listen to all day. He's a brilliant narrator!
    Yeah and he was brilliant in Boston Legal and what he is current doing in The Blacklist is very good too

I never watched the last King Kong movie and it's currently playing. I've missed the first half but I just flipped over to see Kong fighting 3 T-Rex! Dont know what the rest of the flick is like but that was cool!

Yeah and he was brilliant in Boston Legal and what he is current doing in The Blacklist is very good too

I never watched the last King Kong movie and it's currently playing. I've missed the first half but I just flipped over to see Kong fighting 3 T-Rex! Dont know what the rest of the flick is like but that was cool!
    Now I need to go back again to watch him with Kurt Russell in Stargate.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

That is the best part of the film.