Page 76 of 154 FirstFirst ... 566671727374757677787980818696 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

I agree with Grasshopper's analysis, though I gave it a 6/10.

Several plot points going on with none fully developed or realised. I feel Superman is a difficult character to create a credible movie for, as today's audience want a more "grounded" character and he's so OP.

Batfleck is great, I can't fault him. Lex I find more to dislike than like. Bringing in Doomsday was a joke. Minor niggle but the dream sequences were overdone and I felt Desert-garb Batman had so much potential but was wasted.

I had high hopes for BVS, but just couldn't get past the enormous amounts of stupid. Feels so much like it could have been epic, but was just a missed opportunity. Poor writing, poor story telling.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Hmmm... after reading everyone's thoughts about Batman v Superman, I think I'll play it safe and wait for the DVD release.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Hmmm... after reading everyone's thoughts about Batman v Superman, I think I'll play it safe and wait for the DVD release.
    Same
    I'm aiming for the $12.98 JB sticker

Just saw BVS.

Loved it, even in spite of negative reviews.

For a time I was thinking I'd just go for the dvd, but I'm glad I've seen I in the cinema. I've been waiting 25 odd gears to see a live action face off between the big blue boy scout and the one with no powers who still went out to face off against whatever danger presented!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I had high hopes for BVS, but just couldn't get past the enormous amounts of stupid. Feels so much like it could have been epic, but was just a missed opportunity. Poor writing, poor story telling.
    So just like The Avengers?

I think I'll end up going just for Batfleck

This Affleck version of Batman got me reminiscing about the Michael Keaton version from the late 80's and early 90's. In other words the Batman that kills more baddies than he arrests, so to speak.

I'm in the same boat as 5FDP when it comes to BvS -- waiting to rent it when it comes out on DVD/BR. Might buy it as an ex-rental, but from what I'm hearing I'm not motivated enough to watch it in cinemas nor purchase it at full price on home DVD/BR.

Andrew Wildman has been a vocal supporter of this film though, and he recently shared this link: Zack Snyder Loves Superman and BvS Proves It. I obviously haven't read this article yet, and probably won't for a long time, but for those of you who've seen the film or don't care about spoilers, feel free to have a read at what could be an alternative view.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Andrew Wildman has been a vocal supporter of this film though, and he recently shared this link: Zack Snyder Loves Superman and BvS Proves It.
    Pretty good read. BvS is one of those films I'll defend until I die, like Van Helsing and Sam Raimi's OZ among others. We get two fun marvel quip flicks a year, having a darker piece every few years shouldn't be a source of outrage. Variety is the spice of life, lets just hope they stick the landing better next time.

For those on the edge I'd suggest holding out the the extended cut (the original cut actually, before Warner cut it down to fit in more screenings) Just don't go in wanting a Marvel mood, think more like Watchmen or Ang Lee's underrated Hulk.