Page 96 of 154 FirstFirst ... 7686919293949596979899100101106116 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The current season of Agents of SHIELD focuses on the magical theme that shows up in the current movies like Doctor Strange, to better explain it, and introducing the Ghost Rider as an example to explore... which I'm finding more interesting than the last season.
    I'm hoping Dr. Strange proves to be a successful franchise so that hopefully Ghost Rider gets a reboot (and they get it right this time) and from there (maybe) we can have movies about the Midnight Sons.

Watched the 2016 Ghostbusters movie yesterday.

Wasn't bad. Wasn't good, but was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. However, it didn't quite have the same level of nerdiness the first one had and some of the feeling was lost a little. It's kinda hard to put a finger on.

It was silly, but the wrong type of silly I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Doctor Strange. Great movie though maybe a bit too magical for some?
    I actually didn't like Doctor Strange at all. It was a bit slow, all the medical scenes were just gross (as opposed to Deadpool that was gruesome funny) and an inanimate object stole the show as best supporting role in the film.

It also seemed very rushed to wrap itself up at the end.
    I didn't have high expectations to start with but it struggle to reach that for me.
    Interestingly my husband (who isn't a fan of magical movies) quite liked it for the humour aspect (again stolen by the supporting role of an inanimate object).

Cumberbun, sorry- Cumberbatch's American accent made me think of House. Also if you've watched Venture Bros you kind of expect Doctor Strange to sound like Doctor Orpheus...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    It's kinda hard to put a finger on.
    Charm. It had lost the charm of the original

Fantastical Beasts, great movie though to me it felt they rushed from point to point at times. And the ending I didnt like with a charatcer

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I actually didn't like Doctor Strange at all.
    I hated it. So hard to understand with all the buildings turning upside down and iside out. Kinda like the Inception movie which was awful also. I didn't find the humour funny at all. The whole movie was just flatlining for me.

Loved the Ghostbusters movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Fantastical Beasts, great movie though to me it felt they rushed from point to point at times. And the ending I didnt like with a charatcer
    We really enjoyed it as well, but there could have done with a bit more character development. Can totally understand the choice of the character and what it will do for the franchise. And maybe a couple more fantastic beasts couldn't have hurt

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Cap Murrica 3: Disagreement into scuffle
    Superbland, very poorly executed narrative.
    Couple of good things like that one ant-man bit and black panther. But anything to do with the core of the conflict wasn't very good.
    Spider-man was ok but really loses some of his personality when almost every marvel hero is a quip machine. GCI Spidey suit looked horrible, better get a real suit for his movie :/
    5/10

Fantastic Beasts
    Another dud, I'm not on a roll with the big releases right now. Anytime the movie focused on the actual beasts the film ground to a halt for a boring set-piece. Anything that was interesting, like the new Salem stuff was sorely lacking and made the villain/s very flat. 3rd act was terrible in the most generic blockbuster way, mindless spectacle destruction from a plume of smoke. Bah
    5/10

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Fantastic Beasts - What an utter delight! I enjoyed most apsects, all I could've asked for was a little more about Newt himself, a little more of history, which is upsetting as he wont be the sole focus moving forward.
    The scene's inside his suitcase with all the differing habitats was beautiful and shows that Yates has great understanding of the Wizarding Worlds, and showed 1920's New York a bit more polished than it should be, but still looked good.
    The whole death sentence thing I felt was Yates and Rowling showing a contrast between just how different the worlds are, and Newt's little comments on slavery were great!