Page 144 of 154 FirstFirst ... 124134139140141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Just recently watched Spider-Man Far from Home. I have to say I didn?t like it, nothing appealed to me. The story and plot just had to many hang ons related to Iron man. Kinda wish Nick fury was not in it. Cant help with all of the classmates going on a vacation, this is a teen movie, and of course I?m not the target audience probably why I hated it. The previous movie was much better.

Watched Rambo Last Blood. I really enjoyed this one. Just watching Stallone playing Rambo again is worthwhile on its own. It has a simple story, and descent character development. Some of the sets remind me of the very first movie, so it has nostalgia as well. Its pretty bloody in the last act, Rambo 4 was actually more so.

Saw Joker today. All I can say is wow what a movie. Was great. The more I think about it the more I enjoy it. It has a somewhat art film feel to it where it's more music than dialogue, not that it's a bad thing either because it works. There is still alot of dialogue though. And like a great piece of classical music, it builds and builds to a great crescendo. I do recommend it. No post credits scenes either. And I do believe he does deserve an award for this role.

Complete opposite opinion from me. Did not get was the point of it was supposed to be. I didn’t have high expectations for it but it didn’t meet the low expectations I had. Too long and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    Just recently watched Spider-Man Far from Home. I have to say I didn?t like it, nothing appealed to me. The story and plot just had to many hang ons related to Iron man. Kinda wish Nick fury was not in it. Cant help with all of the classmates going on a vacation, this is a teen movie, and of course I?m not the target audience probably why I hated it. The previous movie was much better.
    I like Far From Home, but as a teacher who has taken kids on an overseas excursion, I can tell you that everything that happened in that trip is complete bollocks. They really lucked out with two of the most incompetent teachers who don't seem to understand what risk assessment or duty of care are.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I like Far From Home, but as a teacher who has taken kids on an overseas excursion, I can tell you that everything that happened in that trip is complete bollocks. They really lucked out with two of the most incompetent teachers who don't seem to understand what risk assessment or duty of care are.
    I’m not a teacher with your experience and even I tripped on that. I enjoyed the film regardless, but that made it a little tougher to like overall, didn’t like the element of the incompetent teachers pulling me out of the story. I can take people with superpowers smacking each other around, but there needs to be a bit more internal logic in order to suspend disbelief.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Saw Joker today. All I can say is wow what a movie. Was great. The more I think about it the more I enjoy it. It has a somewhat art film feel to it where it's more music than dialogue, not that it's a bad thing either because it works. There is still alot of dialogue though. And like a great piece of classical music, it builds and builds to a great crescendo. I do recommend it. No post credits scenes either. And I do believe he does deserve an award for this role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Complete opposite opinion from me. Did not get was the point of it was supposed to be. I didn’t have high expectations for it but it didn’t meet the low expectations I had. Too long and boring.
    It’s been compared (unfavourably) to both Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy, I haven’t seen either of those films, so I’m wondering if that enhances or detracts from enjoying Joker? What do you all think?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

For the Joker movie, I believe the director has mentioned in one of the interviews, it?s a way of sneaking a real movie in as a comic movie past the movie execs. I assume this means the movie is more artistic, has deeper characters, and or has more drama than one would expect from a typical comic movie. I have not seen it just my assumption. It?s probably unique, not standard fare, so I believe this will turn some people off.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    It’s been compared (unfavourably) to both Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy, I haven’t seen either of those films, so I’m wondering if that enhances or detracts from enjoying Joker? What do you all think?
    I haven’t seen those films, but obviously know about both and there’s definitely an influence / inspiration from both. I don’t think your enjoyment of Joker will be hurt by having not seen them. And if you had seen them I think it might make the movie seem inferior.

I’ve seen several people I know on social media praising the film, and it’s becoming clear to me I’m not the target audience for it. I’ll go read some Joker comics instead.

Saw the Joker movie and on the same weekend I read an article where Martin Scorsese says that superhero movies are nothing but theme parks and lacking in psychological depth. In that case he should see Joker especially considering that it's been compared to Taxi Driver and King of Comedy (both Scorsese movies).

I'd also like to add that this is the darkest version of the Joker I've ever seen. Comic and animated versions just cannot convey what a movie can. May Joaquin win plenty of awards for his performance.