Page 151 of 154 FirstFirst ... 131141146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Dune. Great visuals, good acting, so what is wrong with it? Its overly long and story is bland. Many other stories of this theme have been told before and you see what is going to happen in the movie before it happens. If it was released a few years ago, might have been better story wise as it would be fresher. It says part one, will we ever see a part two? Would like to see what happens. Overall great movie that is just a lil long and a bit bored in its narritive.

If you go see the movie, monitor the speed of the movie, when a sand worm raises up in front of a son and mother after running across the sand, to me it appeared that the film hit something similar to 2x play. It sped up for a few scenes.
    Dune was always going to be a 2 parter. Just like the books, and the earlier 80s movie(not sure if there was an 80s part 2 tbh). The earlier movie was popular as it came out at the right time, was scifi-y enough as well as being not terrible. Plus at the time was a high point of scifi/fantasy movies.

I enjoyed the first book, but it is somewhat predictable. Obviously the protag boy is the messiah, there is no doubt about that. Haven't watched the new one yet. Or the old one for that matter. Will get around to seeing them both eventually.

Yeah the predictable nature brought it down a bit but story was told nicely.

No Time to Die. Solid effort. I think the problem is they run out of ways in which the baddie can think of a way to destroy earth or people. Very personal for bond this time around, more so than any other film. The action is more realistic than before the modern era, I enjoy the direction of the action. Most of the good action bits are in the trailer. For me a solid effort.

Ghostbusters Afterlife. Go see it on the big screen. Nuff said.

Howd you manage that?

Nandos Perks. Worth signing up to that. They give out free tickets for movies, this time happened to be Ghostbusters

Actually another thing to say, mid credit scene and end of credits scene

I saw Dune, No Time to Die and Spider-Man this past week. All great, Dune took a while to get the gears turning but it got there and I was invested.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Red Notice with The Rock, Deadpool & Wonder Woman in civilian attire
    Ok little heist caper. Good for some background viewing on a Saturday night.

Someone made up the Red Notice poster using Black Adam Deadpool and Wonder Woman. Honestly, not a bad movie, decent popcorn flick.

Saw Dune. It's stylish like the David Lynch one but deeper.

Saw Venom: Let there be Carnage and like it better than the first and that's because I'm a fan of the origin issues, maximum Carnage and absolute Carnage events.

The third Spider-Man movie is as others are saying, "the best Spider-Man movie yet". It's a fine example of taking the best of the Spider-Man movieverse and rolling it into one without being accused of trying to do too much at once