Page 49 of 154 FirstFirst ... 293944454647484950515253545969 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Hating on wolverine is like hating on Prime...X-men wouldn't be as great without Wolverine as to Prime with Transformers (Lots of division on Rodimus replacing Prime up to the point where Prime came back...)

Godzilla was great cos I love what they did with it and i was already a Godzilla. I can understand those that didn't like it as they wanted a non serious movie with Godzilla beating on **** just like in Pacific Rim.

X-Men...my god what a movie! Quicksilver was amazing in the movie. The whole was great! Really loved seeing Mckellen and Stewart reprise their roles alongside their counter parts McAvoy and Fassbender. Oh and stay for the credits! just like all xmen films, there's something awesome post credits.

The next one is due in 2016...can't wait!

I had a search and apparently the Fantastic Four is getting a reboot for 2015 and a sequel in 2017. They have Billy Elliot as the Thing...and Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Torch. Dunno how they are gonna pull that one off, probs Johnny being adopted or Sue being adopted? or half siblings.
    Last edited by yoshi594; 25th May 2014 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    She was awesome and central to the plot. While I enjoyed it, I am both glad and uneasy with *spoiler* how easily they retconned out the first three X-Men movies.

Did anyone see Stan Lee in this film? I must have missed him.
    No Stan Lee, he's not been in all the X-films. But Chris Claremont (DOFP comic writer) and Len Wein ("All new, All Different" X-Men co-creator) were there, but I missed them.

I loved Blink's power display, that was fantastic. Not sure why they made Sunspot the Human Torch though (could have used Sunfire or Sunpyre instead). One little thing that bugged me: while other characters were, almost predominately, called by their real names, they never called Ororo anything but Storm.

Spoilers

They didn't completely retcon out the first three movies. As far as Wolverine's remembers they all happened. And in the altered timeline some events from the movies still happened, such as Rogue still joined the team and got the white stripe in her hair via Magneto's device. And some didn't: basically the third film didn't happen.

I'm not a big fan of First Class (and I do need to rewatch it) but I was quite surprised that they killed off nearly everyone from that movie; some in autopsy photos, others namechecked.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of story they are planning for the next film, but death of Xavier aside, the Age of Apocalypse in the comics happened because powerful mutants were publicly visible decades earlier than they were in the original timeline, and that's what happened in this film: instead of a major attack on New York in the 21 century, mutants were all over the news in the 70s. Would be interesting to see if timeloops keep wrapping around themselves!

I must have missed something here because Professor X's body was obliterated in X3, and yet here he is in DOFP. I know there was that whole transference of consciousness thing in the bonus scene at the end of X3, but am I missing something about his body here?

Good movie though.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I thoroughly enjoyed the film there's such a big gap in the timeline that we can just assume things like Prof X SOMEHOW got his body back, and Wolverine SOMEHOW got his adamantium back.
    If you guys have some time to kill, check out my buddy and I reviewing the movie on our little vlog. An 18 minute talk about what we thought, and a very brief mention about how I dislike the Gold Class experience
    The [INH] Show - episode 23

For all those that have seen it and are befuzzled by the time travelling.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1831220/x-me...y-infographic/

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    X-Men...my god what a movie! Quicksilver was amazing in the movie. The whole was great! Really loved seeing Mckellen and Stewart reprise their roles alongside their counter parts McAvoy and Fassbender. Oh and stay for the credits! just like all xmen films, there's something awesome post credits.
    What was the scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    What was the scene?
    I suspect it was Scarlet Witch creating sentinels out of thin air.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

That's not what it was. The after credits scene was the next film's title character, Apocalypse, building one of the pyramids.

How to Train your Dragon 2 was Awesome. It was a great sequel to the first one, although the pace of the movie was fast and it felt like some scenes were missing it, but it had a nice plot. Stoicks death was really unexpected and it was great to see some new interesting dragons also. Overall I recommend you see it, especially if you liked the first one.
    Last edited by ILikeSoundwave; 18th June 2014 at 09:23 PM.

Finally hauled myself to see Days of Future Past and 'twas great. Blink and Quicksilver made the movie for me but overall a really good story and the characters portrayed very well.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain