Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Super

It's kick-ass meets Griff the invisible with a sprinkle of Juno/any other indie hipster-bait.
    A marvellous movie while very slow to start goes absolutely insane by the end. You have to watch this.

Attack the Block
    A simple but very well made sci-fi/horror movie. Think "Critters" but on steroids. A must see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Super

It's kick-ass meets Griff the invisible with a sprinkle of Juno/any other indie hipster-bait.
    A marvellous movie while very slow to start goes absolutely insane by the end. You have to watch this.

Attack the Block
    A simple but very well made sci-fi/horror movie. Think "Critters" but on steroids. A must see.
    I haven't seen Attack the Block, but I do agree with Super totally.

That movie was blissfully insane and it was a shame that it was looked down on by many because it was considered a ripoff of 'Kickass', yet the Creator Mark Millar was actually defending Super's creator James Gunn because both movies were coincidentally made roughly at the same time.

Compared to Kick-Ass, I liked the protagonist of Super better, he didn't vex me as much as that of Kick-Ass.