Page 90 of 154 FirstFirst ... 70808586878889909192939495100110 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

物置のピアノ (The Piano in the Shed)
    An emotional story of the people of Fukushima living in 2012, one year after the 2011 Tsunami/Earthquake.
    Review

The BBC has released the results of a poll of 177 critics worldwide of the top 100 movies of this century so far. A bit bummed that my favourite movie isn't on the list, but eh, taste in films is very subjective.

Still I was a bit surprised to see the #1 film on the list. I haven't seen it but I seem to remember it being quite polarising when it was released.

The list is here: http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201...greatest-films

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    The BBC has released the results of a poll of 177 critics worldwide of the top 100 movies of this century so far. A bit bummed that my favourite movie isn't on the list, but eh, taste in films is very subjective.

Still I was a bit surprised to see the #1 film on the list. I haven't seen it but I seem to remember it being quite polarising when it was released.

The list is here: http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201...greatest-films
    Scrolling down the list to see what #1 was and I got stuck at 74. Spring Breakers. Really? That's in the top 100?

At least two of my fave films of their respective years are in the list (at #13 and #19) and #6 was very high on my 2004 list but I'd need to doublecheck.

Going to have a better look later but overall seeing a bunch of films in that list that I'd put in my top 50 of the century so far.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just watched now you see me 2 and doesn't really work for me this time.

Spring Breakers was slotted in there just to troll?

AI's one of my fav films and am surprised it's at the long end of the top #100.

Really find it hard to believe that Toy Story 3 didn't make the cut.

#6, #10, #21, and #25 deserves to be in top 25. Memento should be bumped up.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Wow, #4 is my favourite movie of all time but surprised it is so high on the list.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Glad to see Spirited Away near the top of the list. I haven't seen any of the ones above it. I really miss teaching Spirited Away as an HSC text.

Megatran Guest

Why are there 3 movies listed at #100?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Scrolling down the list to see what #1 was and I got stuck at 74. Spring Breakers. Really? That's in the top 100?
    Must be quite a few teen movie critics in that BBC survey.

I don't follow critics. I'll see a movie either if I'm keen or a mate recommends it to me, and make my own judgements

And I looked at their list of 100 greatest American movies of all time, and I fail to see how The Big Lebowski is not on the list. This is why I don't listen to critics