Page 148 of 154 FirstFirst ... 128138143144145146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Another daniel radcliffe movie thats quirky is swiss army man. Good movie thats also a bit out there
    Oh ho ho ho YES!

Just watched a trailer. Count me in for a watching of that!

Tenet. Unusual and surreal like Inception. Time travel with inversion so when you go back you are inverted. Good movie but not a show stopper. 6.5/10.

Finished watching The New Mutants and it's not bad for Marvel's first foray into horror movies. Now let's see how the next horror movie ( Dr. Strange 2) stacks up.

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Finished watching The New Mutants and it's not bad for Marvel's first foray into horror movies. Now let's see how the next horror movie ( Dr. Strange 2) stacks up.
    Its not a Marvel Studios movie, it was the last of Fox's Xmen movies that was originally meant to come out after Apocalypse before that movie flopped 3 years ago. Kevin Fiege got the rights back now though.

Watched Freaky recently and OMG the lead character in this movie looks like Amber Turd and later on her personality becomes psychopathic like Amber Turd.

They finally released it? Where

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    They finally released it? Where
    It's been in cinemas here and overseas for the last few months and got a dvd/digital release here about two weeks ago.

It's an odd film. There's lots of easter eggs in it for X-Men fans but the plot has no surprises for us.

I saw Wonder Woman 84 in the cinemas this morning. It was my first big screen movie since Birds of Prey last March. I actually enjoyed the latter more than WW84, probably because I found the plot less predictable and characters more interesting. WW84 has an uplifting theme and the visual effects were OK. I found its fight choreography underwhelming compared to other recent big budget superhero films.

The highlight for me was the early mid-credit cameo scene. FYI, WW84 has no end credit scene.

Went to see Wonder Woman 1984 and --like The Dark Knight where Heath Ledger upstages the main character-- Kristen Wiig and Pedro Pascal steal the show but that doesn't stop the movie from being OK at best.

PS. I went to see this movie the day after Boxing Day and I was the only person in the theatre. I'm worried about the future of cinemas based on the recent move made by Warner when it comes to streaming vs. theatrical release.
    Last edited by shockNwave; 4th January 2021 at 03:56 PM.

Went to see Wonder Woman 1984 and --like The Dark Knight where Heath Ledger upstages the main character-- Kristen Wiig and Pedro Pascal steal the show but that doesn't stop the movie from being OK at best.

PS. I went to see this movie the day after Boxing Day and I was the only person in the theatre. I'm worried about the future of cinemas based on the recent move made by Warner when it comes to streaming vs. theatrical release.
    I've gone from going to the movies once a week to not since March. I know it's apparently safer now but I'm still not ready to trust it (not helped that one of the recent Covid cases here went to the cinema while infectious).

I ended up seeing WW84 at the Drive-In instead which was a bit of a nice novelty, haven't been to a drive-in since I was about 5 years old!

The movie was not great, definitely not as good as the first one, but it was overall fine. It did seem to take far too long for some superhero action, and that prologue race took up much too much time. It was also hamstrung by the continuity with Batman vs Superman so couldn't have Wonder Woman be a public figure which I think did no favours.

Also given the reputation of the DC films and spoilersthe most memorable thing about Maxwell Lord in the comics being that Wonder Woman snapped his neck to kill him I really thought they were going to go there.