Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 133143148149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Yes, brilliant. The way the car chase and crash scene was filmed great too. Alot of the cinematography was brilliant. A Penguin spin off TV show is apparently been green lit. Don't feel the 3hrs go by.

Saw Batman. One of the better batmans, it seems you need to do it gritty noir style to be a good batman. Was a bit long for me, I looked at my phone and still had hour n half to go. Pattinson was a good batman but didnt see him as Bruce Wayne. I liked the actor playing the butler Alfred, and catwoman was pretty good. Turturro was good as Falcone. The car wasnt anything sepcial, a "normal" car suped up with heavy mods, at first it seemed underwhelmed but it grew on me by the end. I highly reccommend this movie, espicially if you are a DC fan.

Picked up Spider-Man No Way Home on Blu Ray yesterday from JB Hi Fi, despite the release date being tomorrow.

Morbius. Does not have the marvel spark. Good begining, not great ending. Fight scenes are bad. Venom is better

Beasts: Dumbledore. Did not like the betrayal of Dumbledore by the actor. First beast film still the best. Enjoyed it but Harry Potter is a better story

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Beasts: Dumbledore. Did not like the betrayal of Dumbledore by the actor. First beast film still the best. Enjoyed it but Harry Potter is a better story
    Saw the second on on TV the other night and TBH, while the concept of Fantastic beasts seems cool, it just off the rails. A lilttle bit too co-winky-dinkily Dumbledore focused. Who is the main character? Dumbledore or Newt? I'll probably end up watching it, but I think it would've been better to focus more on Newt and his amazing beasts than all this shenanigans with Dumbledore and the big black monster thing.

Question about one thing in Thor Love and Thunder. I've spoiler tagged the question, so click and drag to read it, and please don't quote it in a reply (or it will become visible).

If Thor can travel to the Shadow Realm using Zeus' Thunderbolt, and Jane can do the same using Mjolnir and riding Pegasus, then why did they need to ride aboard Aegir along the Bifrost for? And after Thor summon Stormbreaker back to the Shadow Realm, after Jane was freed, he could have thrown it back out into space and later used Thunderbolt to get themselves and the kids back to Earth.

Did I miss something?

Love n Thunder. Id rate Ragnok above this one. Overall good movie if you love Ragnok before it. Like Madness theres a bit of a loose feeling towards the structure of the movie. The chemistry between Thor and Jane was good. Surprised Zeus had his accent, the character was a bit too comical for being the head god of gods. Wonder if any gods dissappeared in the snap? Were they angry at Thanos for doing what he did? 🤔 questions questions
    Last edited by Autocon; 25th July 2022 at 11:05 PM.

Recently watched "Children of Man", I think It is a truly fantastic film, Great story, strong characters, and excellent performances. The long shots are beautifully intense and intimate.
    I have always been a fan of Alfonso Curon, and when I found out he was making this movie, I expected good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Love n Thunder. Id rate Ragnok above this one. Overall good movie if you love Ragnok before it. Like Madness theres a bit of a loose feeling towards the structure of the movie. The chemistry between Thor and Jane was good. Surprised Zeus had his accent, the character was a bit too comical for being the head god of gods. Wonder if any gods dissappeared in the snap? Were they angry at Thanos for doing what he did? 🤔 questions questions
    One would assume that Gods would be above the power of the snap? Maybe? Reagrdless, the Avengers unsnapped, so any gods that might have been snapped would've been back.

Zeus struck me as a very comedic interpretation, Ole Russel Crowe doing a very Con the Fruiterer accent there, which while I personally found somewhat amusing could put others off. What I did like was that Zeus is generally not very nice chap and that came across here rather well. As soon as I heard them talk about Zeus, I immediately though "Is Hercules going to show up as well?" And he did.

Ragnarok was definitely a better movie. Love & Thunder while not terrible, would've benefitted from being a bit more focused in my humble opinion. It seemed to do a fair bit of things that were funny for no particulars reason. Or just because they did it in that other Thor movie.