Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Seen Black Widow and based on the post-credits ending it's looking like we may have a Hawkeye movie in the future.
    Disney Plus TV show next year

Suicide Squad 2. Good movie. Better than the first.

Black Widow. Great marvel movie as always. Smaller contained story.

Snake Eyes. Good origin story, bad acting especially by the smaller co stars. Sam weaving and who played the baroness were bad. Not up there with Black Widow .

Free Guy. An AI inside a game gains smart thinking. Nonsensical fun. Uses twitch/youtube streamers in cameos errk. Theres a story of code theft among it all. Kinda hammy in acting with big name cameos. Hard to place, nothing ground breaking, average but light fun.

I've been watching a smattering of RomComs with my fiance over the last few weeks.

She's The Man: This film would not get made today. Also, it undercuts its own premise in its last five minutes and the protagonists have no chemistry. Do not watch.

10 Things I Hate About You: Decent light fluff. So far as this corner of the RomCom niche goes (not racy, lite viewing) this is probably as good as it gets.

Wedding Crashers: The humour in this aged like old milk in a broken fridge. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn have great chemistry though.

She's The Man: About par for this kind of film? By this point I'm wondering how these people all live in such nice homes when they don't seem to do anything.

He's The Man: Possibly the worst film I've seen this year.

The Ugly Truth: Two entirely unlikeable characters exist in eachother's space for 80 minutes and then decide they're in love. Truly bad.

How To Lose a Guy in Ten Days: I get the feeling that whoever wrote and directed this really doesn't like women.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

The best thing about 10 Things I Hate About You is Calypso by Spiderbait.🙃

Watched No Time To Die and I find it the weakest of the Bond quintology. Special mention to Ana de Armas from Knives Out who does an amazing job like Olga Kurylenko from Quantum of Solace.

Also saw Shang-Chi and The Eternals. The former is amazing and does for asian people what Black Panther does for black people. The latter is not bad but could've been shortened.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Watched No Time To Die and I find it the weakest of the Bond quintology. Special mention to Ana de Armas from Knives Out who does an amazing job like Olga Kurylenko from Quantum of Solace.
    I find it tries to do a lot of heavy lifting trying to bring the threads of all five movies together. They very quickly dispose of the Spectre legacy from the last film and then bring the stakes down to a much more personal story - which is more interesting dramatically, but lacks the high stakes adventure thrill of previous Bonds. I also never really understood Safin's ultimate ambitions - the virus he obtains and threatens to unleash is played more as an error of hubris on the part of MI6 rather than an ambition of the villain.

I don't know if it's just age or the quality of the films that I really enjoy them while watching them, but then don't really recall too much afterwards.