Page 145 of 154 FirstFirst ... 125135140141142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

I haven't seen Taxi Driver nor King of Comedy. And know not alot about either of them as well. Agreed I do feel this was the darkest I've seen.

Just out of interest, has anyone on here seen either Taxi Driver or King of Comedy?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Just out of interest, has anyone on here seen either Taxi Driver or King of Comedy?
    I have. Saw Taxi Driver in recent years and King of Comedy a while back.

I went to see The Joker movie on Thursday. It wasn't the kind of movie I wanted to rush out to see, but did anyway. I would recommend to go and see it, its confronting but its got me thinking, and there is a lot of discussion and insights on comment sections on some youtube reviews. It seems I must of missed some visual clues, easy to happen as some scenes are dark.

If it's anything like Taxi Driver that killed it for me. TD bored me to tears.

Saw Joker. Could say its a copodium to the dark knight trilogy. Its a great movie but action is limited if thats what youre after.
    Its a character study of how a man decends into the joker by internal and external forces. 7/10.

Recently saw Terminator: Dark Fate and for a movie that acts as a sequel to Judgement Day it does an absolutely amazing job, Rather than comparing the two movies, it's best to view Dark Fate as a modern day version of Judgement Day.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Recently saw Terminator: Dark Fate and for a movie that acts as a sequel to Judgement Day it does an absolutely amazing job, Rather than comparing the two movies, it's best to view Dark Fate as a modern day version of Judgement Day.
    I view it as a Michael Bay'd version of the franchise. Big set pieces, pretty explosions, terrible acting and casting, a storyline that's bordering on non-sensical -Carl's arc is a head scratcher.

They've really got to stop with the Robert Patrickification of the Terminator mannerisms too. Kristana fumbled it in Rise Of The Machines, the dude that played the T1000 in Genysys put it in the grave & the ReV9 dug the corpse up and violated it. I don't think I could take a bigger dump on this movie if I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I view it as a Michael Bay'd version of the franchise. Big set pieces, pretty explosions, terrible acting and casting, a storyline that's bordering on non-sensical -Carl's arc is a head scratcher.

They've really got to stop with the Robert Patrickification of the Terminator mannerisms too. Kristana fumbled it in Rise Of The Machines, the dude that played the T1000 in Genysys put it in the grave & the ReV9 dug the corpse up and violated it. I don't think I could take a bigger dump on this movie if I tried.
    Genysys nearly put me off any future Terminator movies. An uninspiring trailer and then finding it's the first time in history a trailer has spoiled the movie.

Zombieland 2. Enjoyable zombie flick. Not as original as the first. Rate the first one better. Good way to waste some time.