Page 152 of 154 FirstFirst ... 132142147148149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Spiderman thread gone. I would reccommend, if you are a big fan of all the spidermans movies (all) then this is for you. Not too convulted, not too whisper thin, hits all emotional bonds.

Matrix Resurrections, enjoyed it. Gets bad reviews from some, but possibly they just don't get the movie. Too much to think about to understand it on the multiple levels. Lots of Easter eggs. A scene right at the end, but not 100% necessary to wait for. An amusing scene nonetheless

The Kingsman. The origin of the Kingsmen. Enjoyable. If you like the last movies youll like this. Set in 1920s. Possible sequel at the end set up. Plays up the accents of germany with the leader of germany a bit too much. It is a bit purposefully stylised in its filming asthetic. Some may hate this. I would reccommend it if you are a fan of this franchise, fun to be had.

Ghostbusters afterlife. Rehash of first movie story with same villian. Replace old nerds with young nerds. Good nostalga trip if you loved the first ones. Some nice throw backs. Great but not the best. If you love ghostbusters then you will love this

Saw the Ghostbusters rehash. Not bad but not mind-blowing, it's just feels like seen it all before. I guess this is just for getting the young ones on board. The same can't be said about Matrix Resurrections although can the young ones appreciate it.

Went to see House of Gucci. You don't have to be a fashionista to appreciate this well crafted Ridley Scott feature. Unlike Madonna, Lady Gaga is an impressive actress and I hope she wins an Oscar for this.
    Last edited by shockNwave; 16th January 2022 at 11:41 AM.

Watched Bram Stoker's Dracula again last night
    It had been a while since I last it & the visuals and score seemed better than I remembered

Then there was Keanu.

If there's an actor that makes me want to put my head in a vice & tighten it until I lose consciousness, it's him. & I thought Sophia Coppola in Godfather 3 was a dud. Sheesh.

Studio 666, the Foo Fighters movie. Quite cheesy and makes it quite obvious that is it a silly comedy horror movie. Lots of laughs.

Uncharted: very enjoyable movie but lacking the adult context ie slitting throat and no blood, killing others off screen. Decent for a game movie. Its an origin movie of the two meeting up

Saw SPIDER-MAN NWH last night. For a film that involves this many characters and with the kind of story being told, the plot was not convoluted to leave the audience struggling to follow. Also appreciated that the main characters' loss (from previous films) were addressed. There is a mid-credit scene and an end-credit scene (or end-credit trailer to a future MCU film).

Also saw THE BATMAN two weeks ago. It has a grungy aesthetic and a film noir like monologue. Enjoyable and atmospheric, but could probably be trimmed down by 20mins.

THE BATMAN. Highly recommend. Not your usual superhero movie. Very nicely shot and put together. Dark and gritty with an oppressive atmosphere that tangibly weighs on you. No over the top bullshit. No militarisation. No focus on tech. No crazy costumes. Just Batman, dark and disturbed as he should be.
    I'm struggling to think of a better DC movie.
    The 'Darth Vader' scene was the stand out for my daughter and I.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.