Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    It felt a bit slow to me as if they are still setting the scene for a stronger follow up issue (further evidenced by the shock ending)
    I'm waiting to see how the flashbacks will help solve/confirm/deny Hotrods suspicions. I will be very surprised if the events in the flashback do not have any correlation to the events in the ongoing.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I'm waiting to see how the flashbacks will help solve/confirm/deny Hotrods suspicions. I will be very surprised if the events in the flashback do not have any correlation to the events in the ongoing.
    I feel the same, but I see this issue as being just a piece of a larger puzzle and one which will be better when re-read once we have the next couple of issues and answers, as much of the foreshadowing is not immediately clear.

Does MTMTE end with issue 12?

If so, with the last 3 issues being set aside for the final story arc, would there be any chance of the Krok's Scavenger Crew getting some show-time?
    With the DJD heading towards the Lost Light, and the Weak Anthropic Principle making a beeline towards Cybertron, I can't see how they'll fit into future MTMTE pages

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post

If so, with the last 3 issues being set aside for the final story arc, would there be any chance of the Krok's Scavenger Crew getting some show-time?
    With the DJD heading towards the Lost Light, and the Weak Anthropic Principle making a beeline towards Cybertron, I can't see how they'll fit into future MTMTE pages
    MTMTE as far as I'm aware (and I haven't heard anything yet to the contrary) is supposed to be one half of an ongoing storyline, with RID being the other half. Given how well it's been received, I'd be surprised if it ended any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post

Both MtMtE and RiD are ongoing series and (as yet) are not limited to any number of issues. Hopefully as long as numbers and reviews are good they will be around for a while to come. With IDW you never know what they will do next with the franchise, they have already proved they are capable of making monumental stuff ups, are not afraid of cutting their losses and getting in new art or writing teams, and can redeem previous bad choices with excellent ones.

More please.

Saw Pre-Prime kicking butt and taking numbers, the transformation and evolution of Whirl, Chromedome and Prowl on the case and Roller as more than just a drone.

Barber is a genius in the way he is taking all these small parts and pieces and weaving them into a larger, richer tapestry of writing. Furman was good at constructing large galaxy spanning stories, Barber does all that, and he backfills in time just for a laugh.
    He has seen that one way to move a story forward is to have characters learn from events that have happened (until now) offscreen in their history, and utilises it in an engaging and relevant manner.

Honestly I would be a happy reader if this level of writing came out weekly and had sketches/barebones pencils for art that was used purely to tell who was who, the writing level is that good and has been for 10 issues thus far, and does not look like slowing down anytime soon.

By the by, the art is fantastic, the flashback robot designs are beautiful, love the big differences in Whirls design due to the events of this comic. The cameo's are fast and furious, I am sure I missed a whole heap of them.

This will read wonderfully as a trade, the 3 issues are going to have to be followed by a very strong present day story to top what we have been delivered, I have never read a comic that takes so long to read because of the content, and will be enjoyable and allow for more discoveries on subsequent reads.

We have come a long way since Spotlight Mirage and Ramjet!

...its written by James Roberts, not barber. But yes, the level of storytelling, worldbuilding and characterisation is amazing. It's gonna be long wait for part 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchkick View Post
    ...its written by James Roberts, not barber. But yes, the level of storytelling, worldbuilding and characterisation is amazing. It's gonna be long wait for part 3!
    My bad.

So much Prowl and Pax action that I thought I was reading a funnier RiD issue or something!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    My bad.

So much Prowl and Pax action that I thought I was reading a funnier RiD issue or something!
    Lol sorry, my man-love of everything Roberts writes compelled me to defend his honour. Or something. You are right though, great comedy again this issue. I love the way the last line of each issue is so awesome, so final, and such a cliffhanger all at once.

Wow! Great ish! Also found the subtle bromance between Chromedome and Prowl rather interesting too. The interrogation scene with Cyclonus was cool too - showcasing what I love about Ultra Magnus.

Damnit... now I want a Classicsverse Chromedome toy so I can play stuff like this out with my toys!