Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202535 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Wow! Great ish! Also found the subtle bromance between Chromedome and Prowl rather interesting too.
    I loved the way that Rewind was jealous of Chromedone's ex. Fantastic last line this issue - looking forward to the heist. :-)

I thought this was a two-parter so was quite surprised that it all didn't get wrapped up. To be con-what? They're going to do what next issue? This book does a good cliffhanger.

Anyone get the latest issue tonight? I'm curious what other people think.

There's some interesting historical elements, a cool use of a character who's never got much of a chance to shine, and I like the way not everything is spelt out but it makes sense as you make the connections.

But something about the issue just didn't quite work. Maybe it ended up feeling a bit rushed. Not sure. I think this is probably my least favourite issue of the series so far, but a poor issue is still so much better than many other comics. Going to reread again tomorrow and see my thoughts on a second read.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Anyone get the latest issue tonight? I'm curious what other people think.

There's some interesting historical elements, a cool use of a character who's never got much of a chance to shine, and I like the way not everything is spelt out but it makes sense as you make the connections.

But something about the issue just didn't quite work. Maybe it ended up feeling a bit rushed. Not sure. I think this is probably my least favourite issue of the series so far, but a poor issue is still so much better than many other comics. Going to reread again tomorrow and see my thoughts on a second read.
    I'd have loved to have read it, but for some reason the local store didnt get enough copies in. Enough people are ordering it in that they put a sign up where it should have been saying they didn't have it in stock. Thats a good indicator that at least MtMtE is somewhat popular.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

This is the Mission Impossible/Prime's Eleven/The Cybertronian Job heist issue and it's glorious. It was good to see... that guy who can only be seen in flashbacks now. And I loved the 'twist' for Tailgate. And that was an actually intriguing and yet weird twist on the last page. I'd been wondering who that guy was.

What I love about this series is that unlike pretty much every other modern comic, I unhappily think I'm near the end and then I realise with elation that I still have more than half to go. It packs in so much into one issue.

(Xaaron's on page 4 in modern times! [If I could ever actually be bothered to make a Transformers: Mosaic, it would be about Emirate Xaaron.])

Yep Xaaron's been around in the "present" several times in Roberts' stories, popping up in his first two-parter and he's been seen aboard the Lost Light several times but clearly just putting his feet up these days.

I like that there's a bunch of recognisable and not so recognisable characters in the crew who are just being used as extras, rather than genericbots.

That last page made me forget about the other cliffhanger in this issue until I flicked through the issue again. Ratchet's little fumble was some great comic visual storytelling too, the timing was spot on.

Also, how did we get to a point where MTMTE and RiD are being shipped on the same day? Did one speed up or did the other slow down?

Bit of both. MTMTE is usually last week of the month, RID is usually the first week of the month.

up till the very last page i was thinking the senator could have been magnus and the insitute made him the by the books bot he is today....then BAM...excellent work Roberts

Yup, didn't see the last page twist coming at all. Guess it does trump RiD #11 in terms of surprise (with our new senator friend)

I think we need a third monthly series set in the past. I don't care if the art is black and white and basic, just so we can tell who is who, but the details and links the two main books get from delving into the past is wonderful.

I wish I could tell who more of these "blink an you'll miss them" bots are both in the past and on the lost light. I love that the guards we saw in the past will likely turn up in the future (DJD possibly?) even if it is just to die!

Spoiler time now, but it has been a week: Did Red Alert remove his head and commit spark fading suicide as he expects Overlord to escape and flat out massacre everyone? Has it got to do with maybe being done in by the spies/ those in on the "secret"? It's a story thread I was somewhat expecting to have more exposure and closure this issue. I hate that Drift's opinion was so necessary to Rodimus, even if it was the same as Magnus.

Also glad Rung is back. If he was indeed the observer throughout TF history, he could be the source of many a flashback based story.

So we know that the next issue deals with the rogue decepticons (and grimlock?) intercepting the Last Light, will the battle reveal Overlord? Thoughts? theories?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)