Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

If its not the DJD that comes to the rescue, it'll have to be Grimmers and the Decepti-floaters...right?
    I miss them, I wish we had a "back up" story for the scavengers a couple of pages each issue
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I liked the Overlord/Overload gag. I wonder if it was an intentional reference to the fact that both names are identical when transliterated to Japanese.

I won't be able to get to parra for a week, waiting for it to pop up on comixology!!!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

I am not sure how I feel about this one?

The deaths were not as numerous as I expected and Ratchet will be busy for a long time to come. Speaking of which, Ratchet is awesome, just awesome, even if he now deems to call Drift a friend.

Overlord was taking it easy and as such the devastation was minimal. Sad that Hotrod didn't cop a bigger beating and that Drift survived, but I expected that as I believe that he is the one the DJD is after.

The ending was not a surprise for me for some reason, certainly sad and now I wonder how we will see what had happened back in the past between them, I guess through flashbacks that may tie into Brainstorm.

Still has the one liners, loved the Cyclonus and Whirl bits, but this issue belongs to Ratchet at first, then Rewind and Chromedome after that.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Love the reveals in here about Chromedome taking his time and visiting overlord multiple times. Really shines a light on #14 too. The choice of the trigger line makes such sense for both Rodimus AND Megatron, I didn't see the twist coming.

But man, gut wrenching. I have been 100% bought into Chromedome and Rewind recently, and while I suspected one may go - I didn't think it'd be quite like this - it's memorable, meaningful, terrible, gah! JAMES ROBERTS!!!

So many are alive, many seem terribly injured - and as you say i_amtrunks Ratchet will be busy for a while. I also loved his spots there, loved him taking on Overlord without a second thought. And still the one liners that don't make this a "funny" book, but fit into the confusion that they're in at the alarm.

Such a fast pace in this comic, lots happens, a few things off-panel as Swerve's fourth wall busting joke foreshadows. 5/5 from me!

Quote Originally Posted by bassbot View Post
    Such a fast pace in this comic, lots happens, a few things off-panel as Swerve's fourth wall busting joke foreshadows. 5/5 from me!
    It was a funny gag before the big action, part of me was fearful that the fourth wall weapon would be how Overlord would be taken down considering the recent trait of movies and shows foreshadowing how the problem/big bad will be resolved/defeated in the opening portion, luckily Roberts is not that kind of writer. The fact it was just a gag made it all the better.

I do however feel that I am being conditioned to expect funny whenever I see Swerve... It will come back to bite me.

Rewind is gone, but Overlord.... He cannot be that easy to take down.

After my third re-read I now think Pipes may be the only death from this issue.

No confirmation for Magnus bar the Red Cross on the character panel, so I await confirmation. Rewind, chromedomes arm and Overlord makes for too good a combination to be removed.

Drift takes centre stage for an issue or two I would fathom, as he as some explaining to do to Rodimus. Then skids will come into the fold big time.

Sad that Pipes is gone, his limited time on panel was enjoyable.

I also wonder what Chromedome will do to get himself killed?

Kinda disappointed that Magnus got put down so quickly. Would have liked to see him last a bit longer in the fight.

But then, I suppose it is Overlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Kinda disappointed that Magnus got put down so quickly. Would have liked to see him last a bit longer in the fight.

But then, I suppose it is Overlord.

Yes, I had to remember that as well! Magnus has gone up against some big bots and come undone! Menasor, Megatron and now Overlord!!! Poor UM!!!

And trunks, I agree with you about the survival possibilities. Can't wait for #16 (like every month)