Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

...was anyone else holding back tears when reading this? Even Pipes' demise was really gut wrenching! I actually came to school this morning, and the kids were asking me if I was okay cos I looked upset! (and tbh, I haven't stopped thinking about this issue since I read it last night)

Well done, IDW. Well done.

The funny thing is, I was just talking to a friend about how they can have Transformers beaten up and trashed, and unless they explicitly say that something happens to their spark, they can do whatever they want. Another great issue, I agree with the points that everyone's already made so I can't really add anything, but can someone quickly recap for me what is the background between Chromedome and Rewind? I'm not able to go back and reread

Quote Originally Posted by Blink90210 View Post
    can someone quickly recap for me what is the background between Chromedome and Rewind? I'm not able to go back and reread
    They're life partners of a sort? Very good buddies at the very least, kindred spirits etc etc.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

yeah that covers it, depending on how you wanna interpret it - but the term "conjunct adjura" (if I remember correctly) was used to refer to them. So, life partner it is. Extremely best friends too
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

awesome, thanks for clearing that up. I suspected that they were "life partners", I guess they can't really elaborate or say anything else considering genders are a relatively unique thing for the Transformers.

Think of them as like Frodo and Sam. (or have I just confused you more? )

or jay and silent bob

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...was anyone else holding back tears when reading this? Even Pipes' demise was really gut wrenching!
    I loved Pipes too He along with Tailgate was one of the first Transformers I ever got and had been chuffed to see them fleshed out 27 years later. At least he got more of a send off than Triggerhappy in RID who died off-panel just to show Arcee is a fricken psycho

the Pipes pages were amazing and gutwrenching. Page 6 (i think) with the heart monitor layout is excellent, really showing off Comics. But man, heart (spark) falling out of his chest... dude. And James has more heartbreak in store for us.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Well casualties were rather light compared to LSOTW's, but they were particularly well handled, for maximum impact. I found this issue pretty intense, though I actually found some of the grievous violence perpetrated on the Decepticons in past issues more shocking. Some of the nastier stuff like what happened with Drift was all of camera, as opposed to in your face like with the Decpticons.

The ending of the issue was particularly awesome, but boy Drift's sword must be made of the same stuff Overlord is to not be crushed by that heavy door, considering it had no trouble whatsoever with Chromedomes arm.

As for the casualties I imagine there is a limit to the amount of times they can have a TF almost die and then be saved last minute without eroding the readers attachment to the characters, so I suspect that this time we wont be getting any last minute saves. With the possible exception of UM, who I'd at least expect to impart some last minute advice to Rodimus before his spark fades.

Guess that wraps up the Overlord arc, While I'm sure he's not dead I imagine he will float around through space for the next few years till some writer needs him.

As a side note I love the attention to detail in MTMTE with all the minor background characters, and not just the Autobots, could have sworn I saw Tentakill and Hun-grrr in the brig.