Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 313181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    could have sworn I saw Tentakill and Hun-grrr in the brig.
    There were part of the Decepticon crew that were captured in issue #11 (I think, maybe it was #12?). Loved the way they were reaching out for Rung too, alot of artists would have left them static in their cell.

I think the next challenge for the Lost Light will be having Rodimus alone in control without UM keeping him in line and Drift writing his speeches. I am sure Drift will take a smaller craft and leave/be forced to leave after not letting Rodimus know about Overlord. I just hope that Ratchet doesn't go with him. I like First Aid, but Ratchet is jut a more fun character to read.

I don't think Overlord will be left alone to float in space until another writer needs him, the fact he has Chromedomes arm and Rewind is too much of a coincidence. I figure we won't see him for a while, but he'll be back before Chromedome's end.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I don't think Overlord will be left alone to float in space until another writer needs him, the fact he has Chromedomes arm and Rewind is too much of a coincidence. I figure we won't see him for a while, but he'll be back before Chromedome's end.
    Plus the DJD are after Overlord - he's No.1 on their list and considering how much storyline and effort have gone into creating the DJD I don't think they will let it end there. Who knows, maybe even Rewind will have survived, being shielded from the blast by Overlords body and now being constantly tortured for his amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Plus the DJD are after Overlord - he's No.1 on their list and considering how much storyline and effort have gone into creating the DJD I don't think they will let it end there. Who knows, maybe even Rewind will have survived, being shielded from the blast by Overlords body and now being constantly tortured for his amusement.
    That would be ironic since that is precisely why Chromedome tried to blow them up, to prevent that from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I know it makes sense that Overlord is the big bot the DJD are chasing, but that seems too... obvious? Roberts and Barber like throwing us bones to pick at, only to lead us completely astray. I wonder if it is Drift or even a yet unmentioned/unrelated bot they are after. I would prefer Overlord, would be a great battle, but we have already seen that Roberts isn't a fan of writing battles as much as the aftermath and repercussions of them.

Last Stand of Overlord anyone?

As for the Magnus surviving possibilty you mentioned in another thread, there are a tonne of fan theories out there, but my favourite is that Magnus is dying slowly as his spark fades, but is patched up for now, fully aware of his predicament. So he is on his last few cycles/megacycles/whatever and can start to enjoy himself or.... transform.

Yeah I also subscribe to the possibility the DJD are not in fact after Overlord, more so now that he has been ejected from the Lost Light.

While I Imagine he and maybe others will be back some day, they had better not resurrect them to soon or suffer the fate of it's sister book RID, where after they brought back all those supposedly dead Decepticons fans don't seem to believe that any main characters can die, and the drama of events has been significantly eroded.

Pipes is gone, that's sad, but like Horri-bull and Nautilator he just wasn't geewun enough to survive.

There were part of the Decepticon crew that were captured in issue #11 (I think, maybe it was #12?). Loved the way they were reaching out for Rung too, alot of artists would have left them static in their cell.

I think the next challenge for the Lost Light will be having Rodimus alone in control without UM keeping him in line and Drift writing his speeches. I am sure Drift will take a smaller craft and leave/be forced to leave after not letting Rodimus know about Overlord. I just hope that Ratchet doesn't go with him. I like First Aid, but Ratchet is jut a more fun character to read.
    I recall the issue some of the Terrorcons and Seacons were captured well, the way the Crew of the Lost Light dealt with the Decepticons was not really much better than what Overlord did to them.

As for Rodimus, my thoughts exactly. Rodimus hasn't really had much character development, Sure he's has a prominent role and, he's hot headed and reckless and we know his favourite phrase. , but up till now Drift and Magnus have been doing a lot of the heavy lifting. The story seems to building to a what will Rodimus do without his trusted advisers story.

I know it makes sense that Overlord is the big bot the DJD are chasing, but that seems too... obvious? Roberts and Barber like throwing us bones to pick at, only to lead us completely astray.
    Well back in MtMTE #7 Tarn is given the news they found the signal and he throws out the name Overlord...I dont think it was actually confirmed that was the signal that was actually picked up... It could of been Deadlock/Drift
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

MtMtE 316 Preview

Some great cameos from bots long since gone, more great one liners and even a few surprises. A MtMtE preview gives you more content than a whole issue of most other comics.

Some great cameos from bots long since gone, more great one liners and even a few surprises.
    Cromar, Aragon and Zetar. About bloody time. It's ridiculous how much media is devoted to every single other 1984 Transformer and yet almost none to them.

Spotlight Hoist preview.

It's a spotlight but like Trailcutter it ties in very closely to MtMtE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Cromar, Aragon and Zetar. About bloody time. It's ridiculous how much media is devoted to every single other 1984 Transformer and yet almost none to them.
    Are they the Powerdashers? I used to have the jet one but he is on my MIA list along with AM Optimus. I never knew the Powerdashers had names!