Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 414192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Are they the Powerdashers? I used to have the jet one but he is on my MIA list along with AM Optimus. I never knew the Powerdashers had names!
    In Italy and France those were the names of their Trasformer/Diaclone releases, and it seems Roberts is running with that. The jet one is Cromar, Zetar's the drill and Aragon the car.

Comes out tomorrow!!!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

There's a moment in mtmte #16 that made me almost tear up. Really elegant story about saying goodbye. What has me worried is that Marvel is starting to notice Roberts' work, I don't want Roberts to leave!

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    There's a moment in mtmte #16 that made me almost tear up. Really elegant story about saying goodbye. What has me worried is that Marvel is starting to notice Roberts' work, I don't want Roberts to leave!
    Unless he signs an exclusive he could do both. Even if he did sign an exclusive, there's always a chance Marvel would let him continue to do MTMTE (but possibly only that).

I'm glad Marvel is noticing his work. He deserves to be a massive name in comics.

Seriously I don't have any worries about James leaving, he's said previously he has stories to tell for many years

I've just started reading MtMtE, grabbing the back issues through the IDW app. i have to say it is one of the best TF comics I have read. I've read nearly all the issues twice, and just realising some stuff that Roberts puts in that I missed in previous readings.

I really hate the size of the trades, I really do. Even just one or so extra issues would go a long way to making them feel a little heftier. Though I'm really hoping for collections like the Classics UK stuff in the future.

Great wrap up issue that closes the first chapter of MtMtE. By no means do I consider this chapter closed, I am sure characters we have lost or misplaced will return to us at some point.

Glad to see Drift go, the longer he is gone, the better. I don't really care for the Ratchet/Drift friendship, I guess it shows the kind of bot Ratchet is more than anything else.

Once again, I find myself anticipating the next issue of MtMtE more than RiD just due to the little mysteries setup in this issue.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Part of me wonders why Drift gave himself up so easily.

I think it's in part to having reread the Annual recently with my copy of Volume 3 coming in, but I wonder if it's at all related to the destruction of Crystal City and the loss of the Circle of Light. I always assumed that was part of why Drift joined the Lost Light, and when faced with the city's destruction, he gave up. I kinda want to see more of his story and find out where he ends up.

The interesting thing is we have no idea what the conversation was like between Drift and Rodimus before it's "revealed" that he's taking the blame. We know by now that there could be a bit going on there. Is it part of the plan, is Drift off on some secret business, where is Ultra Magnus? Some of these things could be connected?