Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 515202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

I was not prepared for these feels ;_;

That kind of looks like Patrick Stewart.

MTMTE 17 sure has some interesting stuff being revealed, very casually about the Cybertronian birds and the bees. I need to know more. Can't wait to see the whole of Robert's take on this.

I like the number of little things that appear in Brainstorm's lab. This issue had an ED-209 out of Robocop in it

This looks like another interesting story arc. Will be interesting to see what the fallout is from it. Felt sad for Swerve though

So that was interesting and not at all what I was expecting (in a good way). Due to the extra thick cover (awesome) I thought there was more to go... when BOOM! ending.

The only item I somewhat thought was going to happen in the next few issues was regarding Rewind's previous best friend. Didn't expect him to "cameo" this issue!
    Also Perceptor finally gets some proper dialogue and panel time, and he is a hoot. Better than just being a prop in Brainstorm's laboratory. The wordplay is at its zenith once again, Whirl is always good, but even Fort Max gets in on the act (why he is left in a command position so quickly is both surprising and unsurprising since we know it is rodimus in charge).

I think we also now all have a better understanding of "constructed cold" and a possible solution for Ironhide's vision of Gorlam Prime from far off into the future. As much as I like seeing more COns we have only seen a tiny amount of previously (and one bad guy who was around for a little bit) I would love to be seeing some DJD at some point (preferably making sashimi with what is left of Drift).

MtMtE continues to impress and reveal, setup, intrigue and surprise. RiD could learn a lot from its stablemate.
    Last edited by i_amtrunks; 30th May 2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Josh Burchamhas updated his blog with some amazing pictures of how how the art is made from the line art, throu his colour process, then blended together to form the final picture.

I knew this was the process but the visuals are brilliant. I'd lov to get these printed up (especially the one of the portal) and display on some poster sized card.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Picked up the third trade of MTMTE, didn't even realise it was out (don't remember grabbing it consciously, I saw it and then suddenly it was in my hand). Luckily I ended up being unspoiled for 90% of this trade. Wow was it dense.

The backstory provided by Cyclonus in the annual was very interesting. I'm really fascinated by how Roberts is approaching the Transformers as a species. Their religion, lifespan and even relationships with other species. It was very well done. Plus, come on, Magnus smiles! Twice!

The whole Shadowplay arc was even more dense, and I can see why Tailgate needed notes to keep track of everything. I did at first because there were so many characters being introduced and reintroduced. The ending was pretty much perfect.

Though I have to wonder about Prowl/Chromedome back in the day. Rewinds reluctance (and later annoyance when it happens) to let Chromedome talk too much about Prowl (plus people saying that Prowl was his 'hero') and the scene where Prowl announces he will leave if war starts with his his "... I just assumed you would come with me" when Chromedome seems hurt that Prowl would consider leaving. I really wonder what their relationship was.

And Ironfist's cameo. I actually made an audible "aw..." when Chromedomes narration revealed he's kind of Ironfists only friend and pretends to be intersted in the Primal Vanguard for that reason.

When I first saw that the issue was going to be three issues and an annual I thought I'd feel ripped off and blitz through it. In reality I'm struggling to think of any Transformers comics ever that have been as tightly packed as these.

Does anyone have a working theory for what's going on with Ultra Magnus? Because I'm stumped.

Spoiler Alert!

Wasn't magnus used to lure everyone to Luna -1? So maybe it was a trap set by the liberators or to save all the sparks. Other than that dunno.

Oh go away, Pharma... so sick of seeing these non-toy characters crop up like this. Come back when Hasbro gives you an action figure!