Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 919242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    Yeah, I like the idea different Autobots being UM, fits in well, also covers things like the armor changes over the years.

*Speculation warning*

There are hints that Tailgate might become the next UM. He is a white bot with blue highlights, just like another inner bot that UM might have had
    I had similar thoughts but I find this title does unexpected things.

Speculation Warning 2:

So I considered who else could be a good candidate and I'd say Rung. Remember the Minimus is a lower tier 1 percenter capable of load bearing, I'd say Rung could be in that class too.

But as it's been pointed out Tailgate's inner most energon is green (issue 12) and not pink like the majority. That could be foreshadowing much like MTMTE #16 where the deaths of the previous "Magni" showed their hands going for the return trigger.

I really like the new take on Ultra Magnus being an assumed identity, and also the whole bot in armour thing which harks back to the original G1 Ultra Magnus toy concept. I wouldn't mind seeing Tailgate becoming the next Ultra Magnus -- I'd like to see them continue on w/ the Ultra Magnus legacy rather than replacing him with Star Sabre. Pah.

Nice cameo from Diaclone Magnus.

I'd like to see them continue on w/ the Ultra Magnus legacy rather than replacing him with Star Sabre. Pah.
    That would be up to chief justice threat wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    That would be up to chief justice threat wouldn't it?
    Calling when Tyrest is dealt with that Minimus Ambus decides to stay behind to fix the Tyrest accord and mainatain the database, bequething the Magnus armour to Tailgate.

But that would be too nice and neat for Roberts.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

I wonder if some 3rd party will make a Minimus Ambus toy that can fit the City Commander armor :P
    Or more likely make a whole new IDW Magnus toy altogether (*cough* Maketoys). It is the era of double ups, not team ups, when it comes to toys anyway.

I likewise enjoy this new take on Magnus, and also spotted ther foreshadowing of Tailgate taking the mantle.

However, that seems way to easy and cut n dry for Roberts. I'm hearing many people thinking Whirl might not make it out alive. And now seeing the smelting pool in this issue leads me to connect with the cover for issue 20 with him standing atop a fiery scene.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

...yeah but Whirl's a tool, so I wouldn't care all that much if he snuffed it. It's far more gut wrenching seeing characters that I've invested in bite the dust! Although Ambulon's demise was disturbing... even worse than the way Predaking got taken out in TF Zone (I guess cos of all the gushing mech fluid and also he has a human-like face. Eww.

Tyrest is a d**k.

It was a great shock panel but don't kill off characters in your mind too quickly. Particularly in this book. The repair competition hasn't even started yet.

OK anything, anything shown or discussed in MTMTE is not there for the hell of it. I'm rereading #8, page 1, panel 4 Torque is the K-class 'con who blew up a previous Ultra Magnus.

This is why I like this book.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    OK anything, anything shown or discussed in MTMTE is not there for the hell of it. I'm rereading #8, page 1, panel 4 Torque is the K-class 'con who blew up a previous Ultra Magnus.

This is why I like this book.
    That same Magnus was was blown up was also seen wearing his Autobot insignia at a very obvious angle

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!