Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

enjoy lurking this thread, MTMTE is definetly my favourite, and loving the panel time Magnus and Chromedome have been getting.
    One of the few books that make me laugh out loud and feel a sense of sadness knowing there will be a month long wait as I get to that final page...

Love the speculations going on here!

Really enjoying Tailgate as his own character, would hate for him to be the next Magnus...
    Imagine if it was Whirl? ;p

I had the thought the other night that prior to MTMTE, I never had an idea in my head about Chromedome as a character. Despite being in the original US comics, a few UK stories, Rebirth, and those few eps of Headmasters I've watched, he never had any defining aspects to me beyond appearance. I had a better idea of who Stylor was than who Chromedome was.

I was suprised to read in his expanded "Universe" bio, that "Chromedome turned his skills to limiting the potential for violence by reprogramming many of his Autobot colleagues to be able to outsmart their foes". The idea of Shadowplay and the related mnemosurgery was set up like 25 years ago, but it took that long for a writer to actually look at the original character description and do something with it.

And this is yet another reason I love this series.

Got the latest issue tonight on my way home from work and read it right away. Sure I missed my train but I was impatient. Now another month to wait! Argh!

There is one thing I'd complain about in this issue (due to repetition), and one thing that seemed off to me (for IDWverse version of a certain character) but will be all over tumblr tomorrow, but I'll wait until a few others have read it.

Impatiently waiting for comixology to update as my local didnt have it on shelf today, hoping for it tomorrow as it has already been too long.

I hope IDW fix up their scheduling, nothing for two weeks then three issues (albeit one is a filler title) in one week?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I hope IDW fix up their scheduling, nothing for two weeks then three issues (albeit one is a filler title) in one week?
    it sux especially since im a sucker that gets multiple covers........
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Bugger. Comixology just updated and yet I cannot purchase the issue due to an apple issue that means they are not accepting any payments (or updates or anything useful). Been like this for several hours already.

Apple blaming banks, banks saying there is no issue at their end. Wish apple would take responsibility when they've stuffed up.

Got it, read it, was affected by it. As in I cannot stop thinking about where this is going and how it will be concluded.

Prowl has been written in the recent IDW stories as having a billion and one schemes going on to try and help the Autobot cause, but it seems that everything he touches turns to crap.

Getaway is already a new favourite and I cannot help but think that all the hints we are getting about Tailgate becoming the new magnus are a false trail.

Quite a few deaths already in the issue with a couple of thousand (hundred thousands??? Million???) fading. Too bad we already know a few of the shown afflicted across the universe survive into Dark Cybertron. Some very big name bots were constructed cold, too many to all be offed at once.

And Grimlock's one panel is brilliant.

Art continues to be spectacular, lettering is perfect. IDW has really hit their stride here, which is a shame as some of the preview pages for Dark Cybertron look very ordinary.

I've read the issue a few times. I also so that James Roberts posted this:

Spoilers and baseless thoughts below. Highlight to see:

I felt sad when I saw Soundwave holding Ravage, asking for anyone to help fix him.

Also sad to see Dai Atlas only really last half an issue in total with Star Saber taking him out.

I wonder with the extra power that Cyclonus can channel through his sword that he'll take on Star Saber.

Sad to see Ambulon die, and will be interesting to see if Ratchet does die in the next issue or what he was telling First Aid is false.

Getaway seems to be a cool character and I hope Roberts holds onto him. I love the back story for both him and Skids, and how it fits in nicely with the current storyline. Makes you wonder what Optimus Prime might have done if he came face to face with either Star Saber or Tyrest in this situation.

I think Tailgate is lined up for death, which will make Cyclonus snap big time

Also, I wonder what happened to Perceptor? He wasn't with Rodimus when they entered the room where the Space Bridge was, nor was he shown when the killswitch was turned on
    Last edited by Lordy; 29th August 2013 at 06:00 PM.

It would have been equally sad if Soundwave was the one fading and Ravage had been the one balling over him.

I was sad to see Blaster fade - he was my favourite original 80's Furman-era Autobot leader candidate. Would have liked for Mainframe to play more of a role before passing out (nevertheless, he's made it quite far in terms of panel time for an Actionmaster who's alt mode is most likely a computer server, and let's not forget his cameos in Animated). Same for Krok and the other two members of the Scavengers (good to see them get some panel time again).

I really didn't expect to see Dai Altas for long; knowing how twisted Roberts is - it would have been too convenient to bring in a super-powerful ally for the Lost Light. Also for a robot that would be quite difficult to have an updated toy for I guess his 'sell' value is low.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Also, super-glad I bought Cover B

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!