Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

Don't know why you're posting in spoiler hiding white. It's a discussion thread, people come in here knowing there will be discussion about it!

After reading the physical copy I picked up on a few more things that weren't as easy to see on comixology. Brainstorms briefcase has to open next issue. There are a few bots missing from storming Tyrest and we all know that Rodimus loves to make plans that make him out to be an idiot that work wonders.

Pharma has to get his comeuppance, Star Sabre needs to be kicked to the curb and if there isn't an off switch, it'll be a giant disappointment if Dark Cybertron somehow revives tf across the cosmos. Sure the ones on Cybertron who are in proximity, but not the others (that being said, I'd hate for the DJD, survivors etc to stay dead).

I get Dai Atlas had to go, I hope Drift comes back and leads the Crystal City survivors away (since the leftovers are all forged) and we never have to deal with him again. Ambulance on the other hand is a big loss. I also love the way First Aid thinks.

I am wondering what Tyrest is hearing, or who. It'd be great if it were Mortilus, but I think that makes no sense. I'm inking that Perceptor may have somehow found a way to rig the portal to send him into a sun or some such. As for Ambus Minimus, he lured them all to the cell so they could stop Tyrest, that'll be the big reveal.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There is one thing I'd complain about in this issue (due to repetition), and one thing that seemed off to me (for IDWverse version of a certain character)
    The one complaint was Ratchet's escape and it was only because Roberts has had a trapped hero use a dead colleague's body as a means of escape before (back when Orion Pax did it a couple of million years ago).

I found Soundwave's paternal concern for Ravage a bit off, but I've since been reminded that he reacted in a similar way in AHM.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Prowl has been written in the recent IDW stories as having a billion and one schemes going on to try and help the Autobot cause, but it seems that everything he touches turns to crap.

Quite a few deaths already in the issue with a couple of thousand (hundred thousands??? Million???) fading.
    I'm not sure Prowl actually is the boss. It feels like a bit of a red herring but we'll see.

I'd be interested to see if any NAILS are affected by the pulse too, or if the "Matrix born" Cybertronians mostly started to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    Also, I wonder what happened to Perceptor? He wasn't with Rodimus when they entered the room where the Space Bridge was, nor was he shown when the killswitch was turned on[/COLOR]
    After reading the physical copy I picked up on a few more things that weren't as easy to see on comixology. Brainstorms briefcase has to open next issue. There are a few bots missing from storming Tyrest and we all know that Rodimus loves to make plans that make him out to be an idiot that work wonders.

Pharma has to get his comeuppance, Star Sabre needs to be kicked to the curb and if there isn't an off switch, it'll be a giant disappointment if Dark Cybertron somehow revives tf across the cosmos. Sure the ones on Cybertron who are in proximity, but not the others (that being said, I'd hate for the DJD, survivors etc to stay dead).
    Yes Perceptor's absence is quite notable. And between the clasps being used in escape attempt and the briefcase out of Brainstorm's hand, it would appear to be a key element. I also think the reminder that Pharma may still be infected with the Rust virus was intentional.

There's too many big names affected for the plan to be fulfilled but exactly how they get undo it is the big question. Great montage though. I was glad to see the Scavengers back briefly but I really want to see more of them soon.

The finale also made me think back to the Necrobot's list and if maybe the robots on that list were constructed cold (since Chromedome was). And it occurred to me that Ultra Magnus is on that list after Drift and Chromedome, but Ultra Magnus we now know died a long time ago... So what exactly was that list and who exactly is that robot.

I found Soundwave's paternal concern for Ravage a bit off, but I've since been reminded that he reacted in a similar way in AHM.
    I may be wrong here, but I thought a preview for RiD #21 showed Soundwave with a damaged vocal processor, and unable to talk, so how he has done so here makes a little continuity problem!

I also never thought that Pharma would still not be able to transform since he was in the medibay of miracles. We have not seen him transform either.

There are a lot of holes and sore points that I am sure were (mostly) left there intentionally to be solved in the next issue and future issues.

I'm hoping at some point we get a Survivors or DJD (or both) mini, yearly or full text stories. I'd happily pay a few dollars for online content since I doubt there would be sufficient support for print versions.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Graaargh! Friggin' cliffhanger! XO

Sad to see Ambulon die,
    I'm not. Can't stand these non-toy characters. Good riddance. Now for Rung...

Getaway seems to be a cool character and I hope Roberts holds onto him. I love the back story for both him and Skids, and how it fits in nicely with the current storyline.
    Bomp.

I may be wrong here, but I thought a preview for RiD #21 showed Soundwave with a damaged vocal processor, and unable to talk, so how he has done so here makes a little continuity problem!
    They probably just replaced it between then and now. It's just a vocal processor; can't be that hard to replace/fix... it's not as if they're gonna have someone walking around as a mute talking in digital farts for the rest of the story!

Yes you're right there was a mute Soundwave recently. I tend not to recall details of RID too much. Read once, disregard.

I also never thought that Pharma would still not be able to transform since he was in the medibay of miracles. We have not seen him transform either.
    I wonder if, despite his claims, he's not actually able to do as much with the Luna-1 medbay as we think? Ratchet goaded him on that, that Pharma couldn't even remove a pair of hands.

Pharma was also supposed to show his superiority by beating Ratchet in a race to repair Ambulon and First Aid, but then never actually caused the same injury to First Aid... (called away by Tyrest it seems but it's still odd.)

I'm hoping at some point we get a Survivors or DJD (or both) mini, yearly or full text stories. I'd happily pay a few dollars for online content since I doubt there would be sufficient support for print versions.
    Yeah some text backup stories about those guys would be a great idea.

Yes you're right there was a mute Soundwave recently. I tend not to recall details of RID too much. Read once, disregard.
    Ha that is pretty much my attitude towards RID.. when it comes out its like ugh what now its no where near as entertaining as MTMTE and i think RID has lost its way a little

i wonder if they could finish that up and have MTMTE out fortnightly.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Interested in people's opinions on the latest issue.

Bonus text story too. Love those. Can't think of many comic book writer who put in that extra effort.

There's at least one little thing in a previous issue that suddenly makes sense in a way I never expected, and I look forward to rereading the whole series again now.

I kinda expected far more big name deaths in this issue, I could say I was kinda sad to see Minimus return, and that Tailgate was cured. I guess I've got used to Roberts just killing off characters that I got used to it

Also sad to see in the prose story that Fortress Maximus has left the Lost Light to stay on Luna 1 with Red Alert and the remaining members of the Circle of Light.

The prose story wrapped up a lot of loose ends, but looks like both Tyrest and Pharma are going to stick around. Will be interesting to see what happens with Pharma.

Reading the digital version of this issue threw me out when I saw Cyclonus kick Whirl into the melting pool, only see it was a fantasy he had.

It was good to see Cyclonus being welcomed finally to the ship

Overall it was a good issue. I hope that the Circle of Light continues its search for the Knights of Cyberton, rather than returning to the planet.

Interested in people's opinions on the latest issue.

Bonus text story too. Love those. Can't think of many comic book writer who put in that extra effort.

There's at least one little thing in a previous issue that suddenly makes sense in a way I never expected, and I look forward to rereading the whole series again now.
    have not read the text story yet but the issue itself was pretty good,

i was suprised by the lack of death tho...for something that was promoted/insinuated as heavy caulties

was that Quint tenticles too??
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I kinda expected far more big name deaths in this issue, I could say I was kinda sad to see Minimus return, and that Tailgate was cured. I guess I've got used to Roberts just killing off characters that I got used to it

Also sad to see in the prose story that Fortress Maximus has left the Lost Light to stay on Luna 1 with Red Alert and the remaining members of the Circle of Light.

Reading the digital version of this issue threw me out when I saw Cyclonus kick Whirl into the melting pool, only see it was a fantasy he had.
    That worked on paper too (better than First Aid's actions for instance). The fake outs though... A bit cruel. Especially that last one! Shocking.

I was a little disappointed that Red Alert was revived, and Fort Max departed "off panel" so to speak. But happy for four more pages of story regardless.

After learning Tailgate's "actual" age, I want to reread all the issues again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    have not read the text story yet but the issue itself was pretty good,

i was suprised by the lack of death tho...for something that was promoted/insinuated as heavy caulties

was that Quint tenticles too??
    Tentacles, a group of five symbols, it has to be our first guess.

Lack of death was the same criticism that the Overlord story suffered from. I think we expect in TF stories lots of death because they can get away with it when it's just robots. Making the deaths rarer makes them more powerful. The problem is that after fake outs, when an injury sure looks fatal, its hard to be sure when we should care too much...

But Rodimus' "what the hell" moment sure made me laugh out loud!