Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 152530313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Not Mtmte related (which I'm quickly catching up since discovering it just a few weeks ago) but wasnt the dark energon series due out last week? I should probably catch up with everything before hitting that though right..?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Dark Cybertron #1 is out this week.
    To the second question, actually, despite some potential cast-related spoilers that would be revealed, it doesn't really look like the events of MTMTE are that important to the story of Dark Cybertron. The events of RID on the other hand are essential.

Right. And I probably should wait.
    ..I guess.
    On a side note a friend I'm working with at the moment coloured the All Hail Megatron series. I am So crossing my fingers he ends up back on a Transformers book again

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    To the second question, actually, despite some potential cast-related spoilers that would be revealed, it doesn't really look like the events of MTMTE are that important to the story of Dark Cybertron. The events of RID on the other hand are essential.
    Oh ok! I think Phil Jimenez is on dark cybertron right? And I'm actually just a few issues away from being caught up on RID. Thanks for the info!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Oh ok! I think Phil Jimenez is on dark cybertron right? And I'm actually just a few issues away from being caught up on RID. Thanks for the info!
    Yes, but only layouts IIRC.

Which is a shame, but oh well.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Well thats disapointing. His super detailed art would work really nicely here.

Picked up the latest issue today - so naturally spoilers ahead.

Rung's alt mode... SUCKS Yeah, I know it's meant to be funny and witty about the whole functionalist thing yada yada yada... bollocks! It's CRAP! As if I didn't dislike this character enough before, now I hate him even more! Gggguuuuuuhhh... I was hoping he'd transform into a little scooter or something... something that Hasbro can make a product of. But this?!? :~( Well... I suppose Hasbro could just ignore his canonical alt mode and just make him into a scooter bike or something anyway. I can't stand seeing this recurring character that I don't have a toy of!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Rung's alt mode... SUCKS Yeah, I know it's meant to be funny and witty about the whole functionalist thing yada yada yada... bollocks! It's CRAP!
    A few of us have already discussed the theory that Rungs alt mode may have something to do with upcoming events and that he function may be far more important than it would be lead on. As far as I am concerned, we have been given a big clue to Rungs importance in the last issue, we just don't know why yet.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I just got it. What his alt mode might be. It's a long shot. It's speculation. It's a picture. Should I share? A guess is only a spoiler if it turns out to be true...

Edit: I'm going to start a different thread on the topic
    Last edited by Paulbot; 6th November 2013 at 11:03 PM.

New issue out today, and for the first time in a long while I haven't rushed to get it as soon as possible. Although I'm interesting the crossover in general, it's a new issue of "Dark Cybertron" and that's not the same as getting a new issue of MTMTE.

It's a build up issue with lots of art problems. It does not flow well, it does not read as well and it feels like an event comic. It certainly should not be called MtMtE (what IDW do with the TPBs I do not know) as it features only a few panels on board the Lost Light and bar 3, they focus on Rodimus, Magnus and Brainstorm. The other 3 have some good Swerve and Hardhead/Cyclonus/Whirl stuff.

While I am normally a fan of Livio's art style, it does not work well here in the Dead Universe, it is too hard to tell what is going on, to me, half of his panels looked like black blobs. Raiz's art style would suit other transformers comics, but his designs for prime and a few other main characters just do not sit right, and his overuse of ink ruins otherwise nice art. His framing is top notch though.

I think this will be the issue packed in with Scoop, he got a lot of page time and info dump about the covenant of Primus and Starscream's connection. I am not enjoying Rattrap's portrayal as more or less a New York/Bronx/Jersey mafia grunt. The small item I think will be the most ineteresting was the reaction from Nova when he was told that he could not yet return to Cyberton. Surely Galvatron won't take those kinds of actions well for long. Why don't they just use the same portal Pax and co used to get into the Dead Universe?

And what ever happened to explain why Hardhead (and Jhiaxus) can survive easily outside the dead universe now/ for a while now?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)