Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18283334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    The three fembots get some decent time on screen and reveal what they have been doing, events from MtMtE #22 come back to the 'fore and also throw some light on events that are sure to be revealed as important in MtMtE season 2 (regarding a "Holy Grail").
    I did feel that this issue made the events of #22 less "random-filler" than it did at the time.

There were some cryptic hints to the fembot origins ('catching up on 4 million years of whos who') but introducing them so far into the crossover seems to just clutter it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    I've read the latest issue and notice that there is a huge issue with the scale of Metroplex and the undead Metrotitan.

It has been shown that the Metrotitan on Cyberton is small enough that his head is about the height of Starscream, whereas Metroplex is massive compared to that, even the Rodpod being smaller than his eye canal.

However in the final reveal on the last page it shows the Metrotitan and Metroplex to be the same height, which would be correct, but if they were using the scale from the most of the issues, Metroplex should tower over the Metrotitan.

<snip>

Other than that, the end is near (yay!).
    I think the "Cybertron" artist is to fault here.

I agree with the Yay too.

I had to buy #27 digitally as Phantomzone said shipment was delayed to Saturday, Ill get it then.

This was a good issue, as you can tell Roberts had a bigger hand in it as the writing is snappy and character based rather than exposition for the most part.

I'll leave the details for later, but the fake out "attack" was great as were the threats and potential hints at what we could be seeing soon. Still no idea who will die later on, there sure were alot of baiting panels though.

My vague comments:
    Ratchet remains my favourite character in MtMtE
    Lots of feels for Chromedome
    Art was magnificent
    Sideswipe and Streaker meeting back up = awesome art, no words were necessary.
    Megatron saying some profound things, him or the ore talking
    Shockwaves master plan took a few reads to comprehend.
    And Scoop... what a d***.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

My store has been delayed too (bad weather in the US) and since is still part of the crossover I'm happy to wait. It does however, from the previews, look like the best chapter so far. Shame it took so long to bring the two casts together. Still feels like there could have been a better prequel in RID to cover some of the events that have drawn this crossover out.

Edit: Well after seeing a few more comments I caved and bought it on comixology. Best issue of the crossover so far. Most like the MTMTE book I love. Helps to have Milne back too. Some nice closure to minor MTMTE subplots, some nice set up of new ones. I was right, I feel like you could skip the first 9 chapters and come straight to this issue from the last pre-DC issue of the book. I'm keen for "season 2" to start.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 14th March 2014 at 12:12 AM.

It was a good issue. Not sure it is that case because it is coming towards the end, but it would've nice to finish the Dark Cybertron story in Swerve's bar

I didn't even get time to go to PZ until today, so I've been blissfully unaware of any shipping delay. I like the one-way-street affection between the Constructicons and Prowl. Chromedome flipping out was a surprise.

And also...

OMG, THEY KILLED WASPINATOR!
    THOSE CHILDREN-BORN-TO-UNWED-PARENTS!
    </SouthPark>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    OMG, THEY KILLED WASPINATOR!
    THOSE CHILDREN-BORN-TO-UNWED-PARENTS!
    </SouthPark>
    I doubt the green guy is so easy to be rid of.

So I'm just going to put my thoughts about DC#12 in here.

It was an okay end for an okay crossover. Suffered from a far too slow build up with a rushed conclusion that was very whimpery. It was a 12 issue comic that brought everyone back to Cybertron ready to split into their new teams. Not a soft reset, but close enough.

For such a big world ending threat, the bots and cons get over it quick enough and I wonder if anyone actually died other than Metalhawk, Bumblebee and the Ammonites.

My big question now is; why would anyone follow or elect Starscream leader now? He did nothing the entire event but moan and whinge (nothing new there).

And when did Galvatron catch up on Decepticon history and then begin to align himself with them???

Spoilers for Dark Cybertron finale, Chapter 12

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    So I'm just going to put my thoughts about DC#12 in here.

It was an okay end for an okay crossover. Suffered from a far too slow build up with a rushed conclusion that was very whimpery. It was a 12 issue comic that brought everyone back to Cybertron ready to split into their new teams. Not a soft reset, but close enough.

For such a big world ending threat, the bots and cons get over it quick enough and I wonder if anyone actually died other than Metalhawk, Bumblebee and the Ammonites.

My big question now is; why would anyone follow or elect Starscream leader now? He did nothing the entire event but moan and whinge (nothing new there).

And when did Galvatron catch up on Decepticon history and then begin to align himself with them???
    I wasn't sure where to put them either, but I'll follow your lead.

Whirl's "what a cop out line" made me laugh thinking of your comments in the preview thread. And Lord Zed was spot on about the genocide. I guess he and Starscream think alike

I think the early chapters were too insignificant and the story could have been more compact. The crossover definitely picked up in the last quarter, and having more of the regular art teams back helped too.

Did anyone else die? Probably not. Will anyone stay dead? Probably not. The leaving of Bumblebee's body with that portal gives him a way back.

The defeat of Shockwave makes sense based on the backstory he's been given by Roberts. But this story really, really ends his story. That's it. There's nowhere left to go. Of course there's a good chance he'll be back but this is the best way to finish his tale so I hope he stays buried and just used in flashbacks.

I am willing to see Megatron's change of heart at face value based on this issue too and look forward to him on the Lost Light (and also what the DJD have to think about Megatron abandoning the Decepticons - this might be hinted at in the current solicitations.)

I also like that of all robots to take command of the remaining Decepticons, it's Galvatron. Will be interested to see how that plays out. Notice too that when he appears at the end he's surrounded by a blue jet and a purple jet. I only noticed that on a second read through.

The Starscream stuff, well I guess that's what Windblade's story is to cover and also partly why of the three next chapters that's the one I least care about. I think he's still "elected" leader though so until that changes...? The general NAILs population were pretty conspicuous in their absence in the plot of the later parts of the story.

What a beautifully epic finale for Shockwave.

There are still a few things in this book that bug me, but pretty much the same stuff that's bugged me since MTMTE & RiD began (i.e. still too "terra centric", not enough transforming)

I really like how Megatron had the big change of heart, and it'll be interesting to see what happens. I honestly hope he does NOT revert to becoming a Decepticon again, but rather earnestly wants to join the Autobots. But then the Autobots would want Megatron to somehow answer for his crimes, and if Megatron has admitted that he was wrong this whole time, he would possibly want to repent and make up for what he's done. Imprisoning Megatron would be boring, but perhaps Megatron could try to "repay his debt" to Cybertronian society by serving a certain role for the Autobots/Cybertron ... as a form of ongoing penance. Maybe he might join the Lost Light and they would resume their quest for the Knights of Cybertron... or maybe Megatron would abandon his fusion cannon and swear an oath of non-violence... etc. I like the idea of Galvatron becoming the new Decepticon leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I am willing to see Megatron's change of heart at face value based on this issue too and look forward to him on the Lost Light (and also what the DJD have to think about Megatron abandoning the Decepticons - this might be hinted at in the current solicitations.)
    Surely that is what is in store for season two?

Wonder where Rodders ends up?

Drift-quest anyone?