Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
Who was talking to Chromedome?
Obvious answer would have been Red Alert, since he knows what is in the basement, but he is all sealed up. I'm sure it will tie into all the little facts we learnt about Chromedome, something about his weak spark or something, maybe voices in his mind from all the messing around he has done? Nothing is mentioned in these books for fun.

On first read I misinterpreted Cyclonus' look at the innermost Energon, but on second read the meaning was clearer.
I don't know what it means, there's what I think it might mean, but I doubt that is correct. Cyclonus was only helping Tailgate clean up, not taking any of the innermost energon right? He is not that sort of bot.

The time shifting was done quite well and it made for a refreshing format change, although it's a little disconcerting to end at the middle of the story. Made me want to read what happens next, even though I'd just read what happens next in the last few pages.

The Autobots were a bit too battle ready/energon-hungry weren't they? I hope this gets addressed. The "peaceful" Autobots haven't really put the war behind them. Can they truly be at peace? How long will it take. It's interesting and new story material for Transformers. I really liked that Ultra Magnus was shown as a extremely good warrior, something that's easily overlooked with all his "duly appointed" etc comedy stuff.
I see this as being the main driving force in a few years time worth of stories when the "Lost Light" comes home with a set of characters still in war mode, when possibly Cybertron is in peace/rebuild. Could lead to a new war not split along the old Con/Bot lines.

Given the stuff in Rodimus' victory speech, and what else was going on, I don't think there was any life-threatening done to Swerve, but it was left a bit ambiguous for comfort.
Not 100% sure, but I think issue #13 may be a flashback, so Swerve may not be all that okay. The fact he didn't talk worries me. Perhaps if he is returned to the book, he will be a changed bot?

Overall, I like that the first "Autobots vs Decepticons" issue of this series still focused on the characters and the aftermath of the battle more than the fight itself.
It's a nice change, and the variety in MtMte has been staggering. It is a quality book for so may reasons, but the way in which the characters are so consistently written in all these different story formats is brilliant.

I'll need to do another read through or thirty before I find everything slipped in here, but I really loved Cyclonus in this issue, he just does what needs to be done, while whirl is awesome too, but surely not long for this world.

On a final note, anyone else think that a brig full of Decepticons and an Overlord in the basement is not a recipe for disaster say in... 2-3 issues time?