Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TW-01 Hegemon

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yeah i wish it was possible to choose your own figure as you do in shop shelves as you can choose one with no imperfections in the chest paint.

Having been stung with customs on mp05, i think i'll wait for a local seller to have this one. If anyone has bought this figure and wants to off load it in good condition, PM me

Stumbled across a good use for the stock and silencer today. Everything tabs in really nicely, as if they meant to do it...

Attachment 5709

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Stumbled across a good use for the stock and silencer today. Everything tabs in really nicely, as if they meant to do it...

Attachment 5709
    That is sweet! I will try it when I get home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by darockk View Post
    Yeah i wish it was possible to choose your own figure as you do in shop shelves as you can choose one with no imperfections in the chest paint.
    They all seem have it. The way the plastic is injected on the mold causes a bit of a swirl in that area; as mentioned, it isn't something you can 'feel' on the plastic as it is flat, it is just the pattern of the plastic surface, not really paint. So if this was retail, every single figure would have the same defect at varying degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    They all seem have it. The way the plastic is injected on the mold causes a bit of a swirl in that area; as mentioned, it isn't something you can 'feel' on the plastic as it is flat, it is just the pattern of the plastic surface, not really paint. So if this was retail, every single figure would have the same defect at varying degrees.
    And honestly, it's not that bad - certainly not as bad as a lot of Hasbro's offerings in recent years.

Besides, if this guy was too awesome, he wouldn't look right on the classics shelf...

And honestly, it's not that bad - certainly not as bad as a lot of Hasbro's offerings in recent years.

Besides, if this guy was too awesome, he wouldn't look right on the classics shelf...
    Yeah, putting the cost aside, this sort of 'defect' is not uncommon with Hasbro figures.

Angry

They probably did mean it, since G1 Megatron's accessories combine into a manned gun in a very similar way (but it's not something you see often).

If we're talking about size as a measure of value for money (which is not that important to me but anyway), this guy is quite a bit bigger than a contemporary Hasbro voyager which retails at $50 or so. Add to that the stock and silencer and you've got a roughly ultra-sized figure ($60-$70) for $100 - the extra $30 seems a reasonable fee to get your hands on the best G1 Megatron you'll likely ever get for your classics collection.

Compared to the Perfect Effect Reflector, TFC Constructicons and FP Insecticons, this guy is very well priced. I'm not sure if this is because they're trying to be more competitive being their first release or perhaps it's the slightly cheaper plastic.

Either way, I don't have the same sense of embarrassment revealing the price I paid for him to friends that I sometimes have with my other 3rd party figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    They probably did mean it, since G1 Megatron's accessories combine into a manned gun in a very similar way (but it's not something you see often).
    Seems odd not to promote the manned gun in any way given how snug it all goes together. Certainly better than have the pieces just lying around the shelf when he's in robot mode (which he will be 95% of the time for most people).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Would have been more deliberate if they'd put the little handles on the scope (which MP megs had, despite not having all the pieces for the manned gun ).