Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Optional, Optimal Optimus.

Default If Optional, Optimal Optimus.

Hey dudes,

In need of acquiring a Beast Wars Optimal Optimus (fulfilling a dream of mine). Thought I'd check here, eBay is bit too much at the moment for myself.....

Thanks so much in advance
    Last edited by gantz; 14th December 2011 at 12:43 PM.

Sadly I think eBay may be your only hope atm. He doesn't come along very often, and then isn't always complete. Being patient with a watchful eye on eBay is the best bet.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Yeah I thought as much, thanks Verno. Went over to Amazon for a browse also, same if not just a tad more expensive.

Not a worry, I’ve waited this long, some more time won’t hurt me (My wallet on the other hand... )

its not that expensive is it? How much are you looking to spend?? I know these retailed for $100 at Toys R Us when they came out. There are some on ebay for about the same price MISB.

I'll happily pay up to $100 - $130 perhaps, but the only MISB on eBay want $59 for postage.

hmm I'd sell mine for $100 plus shipping, I have transformed him like twice and hes in a box somewhere and his box is flat packed. His box will probably have dings on it. He's complete with all parts.

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    its not that expensive is it? How much are you looking to spend?? I know these retailed for $100 at Toys R Us when they came out. There are some on ebay for about the same price MISB.
    I bought mine for $80 at Toys R Us. $100 is a bit rich IMO.

I paid about $100 for mine off Verno. Well worth it. It's the only one I've come across.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I bought mine for $80 at Toys R Us. $100 is a bit rich IMO.
    Really?? Did u get it on sale? I'm quite sure i paid that much for mine!! yeah you are correct though it was quite expensive!

I don't think it was on sale... but then again I bought Optimal Optimus in October 1998, so my memory's not that flash.

But I doubt it was $100 either, because that was how much TRU was charging for Supreme Cheetor -- that I definitely remember clearly because that toy shelfwarmed for years later at the same stupid price without TRU ever discounting it! And Optimal Optimus is Super Class, which is above Ultra Class but below Supreme Class (or more accurately, Supreme Class came along later which was meant to be above Super Class).

So if you paid $100 for Optimal Optimus, then that sounds like someone charged you a Supreme Class price point for what is only a Super Class toy.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Size_class