Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise ongoing

It's just recently dawned on me that RiD (and other concurrent events in the IDWverse) could easily become a primer to connect G1 with Beast Wars. Let's consider the following:
    * The war has ended in (dubious) favour of the Autobots
    * There are many calling for the dissolution of the factions. Imagine if ex-Autobots (like Metalhawk) spearheaded the formation of the Maximals and ex-Decepticons (like Sky-Byte) formed the Predacon; both factions allied under as part of a unified Cybertronian government (possibly bipartisan).
    * The formal dissolution of the Autobot/Decepticon factions could be made official with all parties signing the Pax Cybertronia.

After getting the second trade (such a short trade with only 5 issues) It really makes an impact that we have not had a more thorough conclusion to the Wilderness story.
    I'm guessing that might come after all the Iacon based stuff we are going to be dealing with, perhaps Superion can shut Megatron down/exile him after he makes his powerplay?

The whole "everyone combines into giant transformer" could be an interesting story as well, a bit similar to the weird D-void created combiner. Personally I think Kimia or similar will be revealed and the impetus for the desire to combine, and give Wheeljack another issue or two to shine in his scientific role. Anything that isn't related to the Dvoid will suffice though.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    After getting the second trade (such a short trade with only 5 issues) It really makes an impact that we have not had a more thorough conclusion to the Wilderness story.
    I'm guessing that might come after all the Iacon based stuff we are going to be dealing with, perhaps Superion can shut Megatron down/exile him after he makes his powerplay?

The whole "everyone combines into giant transformer" could be an interesting story as well, a bit similar to the weird D-void created combiner. Personally I think Kimia or similar will be revealed and the impetus for the desire to combine, and give Wheeljack another issue or two to shine in his scientific role. Anything that isn't related to the Dvoid will suffice though.
    i to am disapointed that this story hasnt continued it feels like it has been forgotten about with only one or two lines to keep the story thread alive... and the rest of the politic stories feel they are running in slow motion.

i hope they dont make the dinobots combine....

next weeks issue is probably not going to touch on the missing bots again
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Preview for #13 is up for those who read them.

Prowls endgame begins. After reading chaos police action and the terribly written spotlight Prowl, it is truly hard to fathom that it is the same character!

Looking good, the next few months are going to drag between issues.

Mother ******.

Did not see nor expect that. Ever.

My reaction was "What? But, what!".

I wonder what his gameplan is? There are two obvious ways this may work out, both requiring his new body. Either way he has planned things wonderfully, my only question is what about Dirge/Swindle, what is there role in all of this? They are going to report about the Decepticon "deaths" and then they will be revealed to be wrong?

Poor Wheeljack, he really has copped it in this series, but if he survived his lot so far, the other "casualties" could be okay too.

Hating the months wait between issues, I need to know why now!

I'm reading this series on my phone via Comixology so on the first read I didn't notice the finer details of that last splash page. I thought Wheeljack was there by choice. That he isn't makes me wonder what Prowl's plan will be since it doesn't look like he can convince another rational Autobot of its merits. Or Prowl is playing along for some reason...

I wonder how the MTMTE series fits in too, but I guess Rodimus, Magnus, Drift, and the sheer number of Autobots on the Lost Light were another lot of support for the Autobots that had to be moved off the board. Good to see the randomness and loose ends of the "in wild" story being touched on as part of the greater plan.

The Dirge/Swindle/Arcee stuff has me beat too. This is the first time with this series where the cliffhanger really does make me impatient for the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Good to see the randomness and loose ends of the "in wild" story being touched on as part of the greater plan.

The Dirge/Swindle/Arcee stuff has me beat too. This is the first time with this series where the cliffhanger really does make me impatient for the next issue.
    So you thinking that the datapad was being held by Ironhide too? I wonder if the wild, getting rid of the Autobot warriors was part of Prowls plan too? Could Megatron being in the wilderness have been a front, was Prowl hiding him (in the black room?) all along?. Obviously, Prowl did not know of the D-void or the big reformatting, but could his and Megatrons conversation waaay back in Chaos have been the setup for this? Surely that would be too convenient right?

As for Dirge/Swindle, I am not sure if Arcee is going against Prowl's plan/getting cold feet, or is following the plan to the letter. Prowl wants Starscream in the least to say he killed some Cons, then have the Cons reveal themselves to be alive and make Starscream look incompetent/lying. If Arcee is going behind Prowl's back, has he planned for it? having Cons going out in the mob protected by (poor, used) Blurr is not the safest or most guaranteed delivery method.

Finally, I read somewhere that Prowl might be under Con influence (Bombshell?) or that he is manipulating the Cons after changes to them made in the black room, ala Kup. Man I miss Kup from being in these stories. Infestation was such a waste.

And Paulbot, go buy this issue, if only for the splash pages, they are beautiful in print, and you'll lose a little bit of how wonderful in the trade. We need a new, properly done art of IDW, just from the ongoing onwards, with the two from this issue front and centre.

Very superficial question, but...

With three of the four main Decepticons (Shockwave, Soundwave and Starscream) adoping WFC/FOC Robot and Alt modes... Do you think they'll draw Megatron as per his black, WFC toy?

I think one of the covers has him as his Ongoing earth form so I guess not. But would've been nice.