Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise ongoing

Just re-read all the issues released back to back (bar the Prime and Jhiaxus) ones.

Nowhere is it shown when Bombshell had a chance/opportunity to plant a bug on Prowl. When he mentions that he had to make sure that there were easy to find control bugs (like he had on Sunstorm, man does Bombshells speech make more sense now!) on Prowl I thought I was going nuts as I didn't remember Prowl getting hit by anything or Wheeljack checking him out. There was no mention or panel showing any such thing going on. I assume we are meant to take that single panel in 14 showing a bombshell bug on Prowl's eye.

The only kind of clue we get that something changed in issue 4 is that Prowls internal monologue ceases for e rest of the issue, and never returns. Since no other story or issue requires Prowl's thoughts to be shared, so it never took my notice.

Still not overly happy with the evnts as they have played out, I'm stewing on it still I know, but it has been irking me. I am going to be under the impression that Arcee is also being controlled in the same manner, it makes no sense for her to be helping the cons after what she went through and dealt to Jhiaxus.

Why we got the talk from Arcee to Shockwave in 11 I do not understand, seeing as Shockwave, Bombshell etc were all in on the plan...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'm really wondering about it now as well. Especially Arcee's part in it, seems like she's a bit key to it all based on June's solicitations
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

#15 Preview

Jazz is back and I have no idea how many Autobots there will be left standing at the end of this. I have my predictions on who will survive and what will happen 24 hours or less and I'll be right and very sad, or wrong and probably very sad.

Well my prediction that Prowl would self sacrifice for the greater good was wrong.

This issue did not really do it for me, that is now two in a row that have been unimpressive, after all the slow burn setup that was completely padding, my taste for RiD has dwindled down to smouldering ashes.

Art is okay, without ever being great, the fact there is too much damage to be consistently displayed like in RiD #3.

The "twists" were alright and the story can once again move forward next issue, but Megatron is too smart and cartoony for his own good, he needs to just step up and take control like he has been portrayed in Pre-history and the "-tion" stories.

For what effectively boils down to a long fight scene with lots of talking to break it up, nothing was exciting or altogether interesting. Even the final page was unexciting. I cannot say I expected it, but I also find myself not caring too much. Roberts has been trying too hard to tie all of the crappy writing from AHM and the ongoing together and has lost the chance to write a comic worthy of his weaving and building.

The final text box says "to be concluded". I sure hope it is.

I loved the bit where Shockwave was mysteriously absent.

Aww, Bumblebee survived. (shouldn't really be surprised really... he's clearly joined Optimus Prime on Hasbro's "Don't kill fer real" list ). I liked seeing Arcee finally coming around, but given her skill set I'm sure she could've acted a whole lot sooner. It was also interesting seeing Autobots and Decepticons fighting side by side against Megatron's Decepticons - like Sky Byte insisting on fighting alongside Jazz; that was heaps cool. I'd really like to see Starscream lead these Decepticons in an alliance with the Autobots and Neutrals --- simply falling in line with Megatron and his Deceps again would just be too mundane IMO.

I think Sky Lynx should lead...

Okay gang, no spoilers but man there are some wicked twists in #16!!! It truly does 'end the season' of the first year of RiD, and leaves lots of things ready for the next.

So Rumble is red again!?

Okay look... I _like_ how Rumble is red... as you all know I prefer FIBRIR over FIRRIB... and I see how they've made him accurate to the United toy (and Frenzy too as previously seen)... but the inconsistency here is driving me NUTS!! While I'm not a huge fan of the G1 cartoon's FIRRIP, at least they were consistent with it! So in the IDWverse, it's FIBRIR, the FIRRIB, then FIBRIR again?!? Make up your damn minds, IDW!!!

This is like this scene from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (clothes are red/black)

Back to the comic after Gok's meltdown....

So some "twists" in this issue that I think all readers would have suspected coming at some point. I was unsurprised by all of the revelations bar the final one, where the bots and cons were booted from the city, I expected them to remain and there to be no more badges of allegiance.

Overall I am glad this 16 issue run is over. It moved nowhere, dragged its feet, ruined some really interesting chance it had, killed off characters that were not developed in any way and characters that have grown or changed, it could have been done in 3 or 4 issues. I think that is my main gripe, it took too long to do too little. I love that Barber has done an amazing job with tying all the terribly inconsistent continuities together, but all that effort has subtracted from his own storytelling.

I don't mean to sound like I hate RiD, I don't, it has had some interesting ideas and good issues (Wheeljack front and centre) but if after the Death of Optimus Prime you dumped the RiD cast on Cybertron with Wheeljack dead, had Megatron, Sky Byte, Arcee arrive back with the nails, you could have the events needed occur and be at this point with an annual sized issue and be done with it.

Oh and I lied there were two things I didn't expect that happened, I did not expect Megatron to try and replace Prowl, and I didn't expect Metalhawks murderer to be who it was, but it makes sense perfectly.

Hopefully with all of this malarkey out of the way, we can move onto something more substantial and interesting that moves forward at a decent pace. I figure the next "season" of RiD will be about overthrowing Starscream or watching him self destruct over the death of MH, which is kind of what we already had with Bee. The characters thrown out of the city will not be disregarded and thrown by the wayside, unless we now follow them and ignore the new Cybertron and Starscream. With a side story to Shockwave of course, and frequent interludes to Jhiaxus and Prime.