Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise ongoing

It's hard to suspend disbelief when the Autobots agree to let the Constructicons hang around. In what universe can those guys be trusted, exactly?

It's a shame about Bee's rebuild. I was liking his weathered politician look.

Sorry to drag this topic right back to the beginning (I've only just started reading the IDW ongoings...) but has anyone ever noticed Terrorsaur sitting at the bar in Maccadam's on the second last page of Issue #5?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    It's hard to suspend disbelief when the Autobots agree to let the Constructicons hang around. In what universe can those guys be trusted, exactly?

It's a shame about Bee's rebuild. I was liking his weathered politician look.
    In terms of the Constructicons, I think most of them are past it, past the disbelief, etc. Prowl was the freakin head of Devastator... And Ironhide is saying to let em be... So the main veteran voices aren't telli em to leave and they don't wanna shoot them, so they stay.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Preview for #19 is out. This issue will deal with Gorlam Prime (loving the way that all the Furmanverse stuff is coming back in force). It is another "off world" issue with Prime, Wheelie, Hardhead and Garnak front and centre. Art is not by Livio but in his vein.

I am sure it will be very important for the upcoming crossover, but I think it will ask more questions than it will answer!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Well there goes any hope I had of Nightbeat returning on Gorlam Prime.

Besides some minor artwork and character design niggles this is a nice looking comic, but I would've preferred Livio.

Story is a wrap up of the Orion Pax and Jhiaxus storyline and really paints out what is happening over the next few issues of RiD. It won't surprise anyone.

In a way I hope this overarching focus on titans comes to a close soon, I'm bored with them being this mystical super elite force that can be nullified or terminated by weapons that only do minimal damage to regular transformers.

Also, how is Gorlam Prime going to be the world Ironhide and Alpha Trion are on in 15 million years time if it is getting eaten from the core out now by Ore 2- Death?

Wonder how this will be rectified? The revival ore on Cybertron? Is that going to be too bug a powerful McGuffin, Magnificence style?

The art style isn't bad at all, but I'm not fond of the character designs. They just don't look like Transformers, but rather just generic scifi robots, or even just humanoids in mechanised space armour. It's not only a noticable departure from the traditional Japanese mecha style of drawing Transformers, but also they generally lack alt mode kibble hanging off them, 'cept Optimus Prime cos his alt mode parts are such an visually iconic part of his design. I know that Wheelie and Hardhead aren't the most kibblicious designs out there, but they could've emphasised the treads on Hardhead more as well as wheels on Wheelie. Hardhead should've felt more bulky/armoured IMO. He looks more like one of Captain Power's Soldiers of the Future.

^ Totally agree. My gripe with character designs is that Hardhead looks more like a Pretender than a Headmaster - as much as I have grown to enjoy existing Pretenders vicariously through the Marvel comics, I wouldn't like to see more of them. If there was one piece of iconic kibble that should have been included, it would have to be his shoulder cannon.

I'd like to see RID aim for the same standard of consistency in character designs as MTMTE, where toys are now being produced out of them (who would've thought an originally obscure minibot like Swerve would get an updated toy in front of a long list of contenders?).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    (who would've thought an originally obscure minibot like Swerve would get an updated toy in front of a long list of contenders?).
    It's be even more awesome if he had a faceplate you could remove to represent when he blasted his own face off, or came with "Swerves first gun".

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    It's be even more awesome if he had a faceplate you could remove to represent when he blasted his own face off, or came with "Swerves first gun".
    +1

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!