Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    It's be even more awesome if he had a faceplate you could remove to represent when he blasted his own face off, or came with "Swerves first gun".
    3rd Party Addons????

id buy them
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

If you like Starscream monologuing to dead/statised characters, being interviewed by reporter bots or making half baked deals with never seen before is issue characters, you'll love the latest issue.

No action, boring time wasting drivel that moves no one or thing forward, shows no already known insights into characters and doesn't set anything up for the future. The last page "twist" is not even good or unexpected. Though I do have to ask that if the tech required for what we see on the last page is available then why not use it more on the wounded?

No sight nor sound of the dregs of the last two issues either.

Art is ok, nothing special, but they had nothing to work with either.

My only slight interest with this Starscream angle is what will his new body be? He only got a new body at the beginning of the run...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Dark Cybertron cover

Kind of spoilery if you are a few issues behind in terms of characters utilised. Also shows Screamers new body. Looks very similar (in this shot) to a bot firmly entrenched in MtMtE to me.

The last page "twist" is not even good or unexpected. Though I do have to ask that if the tech required for what we see on the last page is available then why not use it more on the wounded?
    Oh my god a gewwun character thought dead is revealed to be alive, what a twist!!!!!!!!!! it's only the umpteenth hundred time it's happened. So yeah I completely agree with you, the only interesting thing in this issues was Scoop and Ratrap getting some page time.

No action, boring time wasting drivel that moves no one or thing forward, shows no already known insights into characters and doesn't set anything up for the future. The last page "twist" is not even good or unexpected. Though I do have to ask that if the tech required for what we see on the last page is available then why not use it more on the wounded?
    Stuff like this is what makes RID the 'poor brother' of the two series.

I wasn't too impressed or surprised by the 'twist' either. I was expecting it to happen at some point but I guess I held out too much hope for an interesting angle to it.

Like others, I am curious about Starscream's new body and Rattrap having some presence was good. However everything else about this issue is pretty forgettable.

Am I the only one who's not hugely fond of Rattrap? The smell thing is funny and harkens back to his original BW tech specs bio... but the whole making him dastardly and backstabby like a rat... cos he transforms into a rat... umm... 'kay.

SSooooooooooooo i read Issue 21 of RID, and i must say i have not read a more boring book

call it Spotlight Soundwave II

Anice tie in to the events that saw sound and shock meet but what a boring read... more boring then the rest of RID that is for sure, it really does not generate any excitment for me for Dark Cybertron
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So far behind on this book. Gone from being my favourite to being an absolute 'who gives a crap'.

Did get the RI covers for the issue though, and grabbed an RI for another boardie too.

I'm not in any hurry to read it.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

I didn't mind 21. No idea why it was 2 weeks late.

Art was lovely, it really was spotlight Soundwave 2: the continuity fixer. Lots of little details like an extension of Megatron instructing to Bludgeon to follow up Shockwaves studies, more stuff between shockers and Soundwave set in the first spotlight, as well as maximum Dinobots.

Loved the little nod that Shockwave did not in any way become part of the Decepti-god which makes him stand out from all his cybertron in breatheren.

A time filler, but with lots of lovely art and plenty of little things still fixing the lazy errors made by McCarthy, Costa and the terrible editors the preceded him.

Barber still struggles as a writer, but if fixing convoluted continuity is needed, he has proven himself more than capable.

I didn't mind 21. No idea why it was 2 weeks late.

Art was lovely, it really was spotlight Soundwave 2: the continuity fixer. Lots of little details like an extension of Megatron instructing to Bludgeon to follow up Shockwaves studies, more stuff between shockers and Soundwave set in the first spotlight, as well as maximum Dinobots.

Loved the little nod that Shockwave did not in any way become part of the Decepti-god which makes him stand out from all his cybertron in breatheren.

A time filler, but with lots of lovely art and plenty of little things still fixing the lazy errors made by McCarthy, Costa and the terrible editors the preceded him.

Barber still struggles as a writer, but if fixing convoluted continuity is needed, he has proven himself more than capable.
    So Megatron and Shockwave didn't combine into Decepti-God... I wonder who else might be in this category?