Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise ongoing

I agree with your points i_amtrunks. It seems so disjointed, and sad to see Roberts being roped into this storyline. Sure things happened this issue, but stuff like Starscream is still really unexplained, and the riddle that Rodimus had to break Nightshift didn't make much sense outside of the number of people on the Lost Light.

Is Rodimus starting to really feel guilty over his actions with bringing Overlord onto the Lost Light. If the rumours are true and (possible spoilers)Rodimus is leaving the Lost Light, that will be sad. He was starting to redeem himself after the Overlord/Tyrest situation

Read Second Exodus (the pack in with Goldfire) and I liked it. For some reason, I really dig the whole Starscream abolishing factions thing. The dinobots and constructicons were pretty cool too. I'm liking RID.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

And to top it all off the Cybertron stuff worked well, Bumblebees actions were unexpected and don't really tie in with what we have seen, I cannot say that I think Soundwave, Prowl or any other bot or on would have gone with it. Even though it made no logical sense, I liked it!
    I think the reasoning behind it is that Megatron has a space bridge in him, and if they left him there, Shockers would still be able to get Nova Prime out. But it's not completely clear so I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I think the reasoning behind it is that Megatron has a space bridge in him, and if they left him there, Shockers would still be able to get Nova Prime out. But it's not completely clear so I could be wrong
    That thought occurred to me, and I always thought they would get him out, but I expected a strike team, perhaps Soundwave, Prowl and Sideswipe or something.

The fact Bee went alone is what spoke volumes to me.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

The fact Bee went alone is what spoke volumes to me.
    I think as a leader he's had his arse handed to him and lost again and again and again. When on Earth the humans misled and then betrayed him and he let a Decepticon army get to Cybertron. On Cybertron he failed to unite all the factions then when he released the Decepticons from the inhibitor chips several months later they declared war. Then he lost leadership of the planet to Starscream and so on. Hence why he went alone and went "And I'm sick of getting what I want!" Trying to prove something to himself if no-one else.

Poor old Bee, maybe he should have let Sideswipe be in charge - he would have just blown up all the Decepticon's heads (including Shockwave) and had done with it

There would probably be statues to him now

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    There would probably be statues to him now
    Cos what we totally need is MORE Bumblebee merchandise!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Cos what we totally need is MORE Bumblebee merchandise!
    No I mean of Sideswipe, put up by the grateful populace for blowing up the Con's and having the ball-bearings to take charge

More ramping up of events, more utilisation of Furmans "seeds" to further the plot of Dark Cybertron, which makes perfect sense since most of this event has revolved around his early ideas and further refining them.

Nice to see ol' one eye again for the first time In a while, And once again we get a twist or two, none surprising since he is the emotionless logic machine but twists from what would be expected none the less. Metalhawk appears to more or less be a slave to Shockwaves will now after showing a fair whack of emotion early on. Although his last panel appearance either has him doing his masters exact bidding, or simply keeping his captive quiet, the art is unclear.

Once again this comic really has bad pacing issues, some parts flow and generally have the wisecracking MtMtE crew front and centre, only for the next few pages to go back to characters endlessly repeat what they have been saying for over a year now. Whirl shines with every comment, so I fully expect this issue to be packed with some future release of him, as it makes no sense for it to be anyone else.

Megatron does something decent in this issue, I am sure that this will flow directly into the revelations occurring post Dark Cyberton. It also makes Bumblebees actions worthwhile, his anger directed once more at Prowl has the opposite reaction than you'd expect. I'd like to know how things are being done "Prowls way" now since everything seems mostly the same. We see the Constructicons too, so surely they have a part to play now too.

Dead universe was alright, a bit monologue-y for my liking, and the whole Nova bit took too long to do very little,me whole dead universe section including Cyclonus being sick, Nightbeat being a double agent who is broken by a tiny insignificant puzzle and Hardheads "death" all seem useless page fillers now, the whole storyline could have happened in a tenth of the panel count.

So the ending was expected but early than you'd think if this was following a generic action flick script. Shockers has yet to unleash his big plans, it seems he needed the other big thing to happen before he could make his next move, how else to explain him sitting around doing nothing for the last half dozen issues?

Art was okay, Griffith is better than what we have had for most of the series but still the Cyberton art varies from pretty okay to downright awful. The dead universe art has an even wider range of Terrible to pretty awesome, heavily favoured to the terrible. The angles and shot selection really let Ramondelli down as the actual style is a perfect fit for the Dead Universe.

Three issues to go and It feels like we are in for super heavy exposition and a few panels of fisticuffs to come. Plus what's a planet to do with a bored Metroplex now?

I didn't mind it I kind of liked Rodimus speech to Orion.. And eventually Optimus's MY NAME IS Moment........ With everything happening after metroplex was united with the most powerful thumb in the universe... I wonder if we will see everyone back on their feet now.

Time for the final battle and let's get cracking on "season 2"
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    With everything happening after metroplex was united with the most powerful thumb in the universe... I wonder if we will see everyone back on their feet now.
    "Nobody stay dead". is possibly the most apt thing ever uttered in a Transformers comic.

Wonder if it will recover bots in CR Chambers or who recently died (since the Deadplex death wave only seemed to re-animate Metalhawk). Also Skywarp, when/where will he turn up I wonder?