Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Board server problems (2nd June).

I should add Paulbot can't seem to find this board. he keeps going to the old one for some reason.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Paul's ISP must be ignoring the Time-to-Live set on the DNS records for otca.com.au. Der.

Bad ISP!

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Beware...Paulbot has taken control over at the "old dimension"...declaring war against the "new dimension"
    I'm home from work and back to the new dimension again...

The server at work was still stuck with the old dimension, and I reminded Paulbot to look out for Griffin in his Galvatron mode...

tetsuwan cant see this

he says he cant post either

liegeprime's also on the outside looking in. Uh, well, he can't look in. That's the problem.

I made it in. At work all I can see is this weird mirror version that no one is logging in to, but at home I seem to have to come to the right place. I was right in my guess on the mirror board that posts there are not appearing here. My whole "limbo" thread isn't here, but hopefully it fills in the others that visit the mirror what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Beware...Paulbot has taken control over at the "old dimension"...declaring war against the "new dimension"
    Just think of the old dimension as "Shattered Glass" where Paulbot is an Evil Autobot

And suddenly i got in!!! My goodness i was totally outside, the otca door would not open at all not a peek to see... there gnashing of the teeth, plucking of hair, screaming bloody murder but it was to no avail... the server did not let me in, finally after slumping from exhaustion plus the fact that my stiff neck is killing me ( still is) I got connected..... i got in ... in slow motion, but still in, thank goodness withdrawal symptoms not a very pleasant experience....... btw ty jay, ice
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I was sliding between dimensions!

I hope I'm in the right place now...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Have attempted to auto-repair the tables/database, and will be installing the new version of vbulletin to see if this fixes the board related issues. The 'no frills' server host I am with has been contacted again, and am still waiting for their response on the server connection issue. Have also asked them if they were doing any server changes or alterations recently.

It seems that we have two different problems, that may or may not be related - accessing of the server, and posting/messaging functions.
    The upgrade may fix the posting functions if they are not related to the server IP issue.

I may have to take the board offline when I do the upgrade tonight when I get home (after Midnight eastern time).
    Hi Griffin, did you do the upgrade?

I think that the 500 error is an issue at the Apache/server level, and the submitting of ANY form whose contents include "ht*p://" is forbidden. This is most likely an anti-spam measure to stop scalpers spammers from increasing their Google PageRank by polluting your/our site with links to theirs, or a security measure to prevent cross-site scripting attacks.

EDIT: in other words, I don't think it's a vBulletin issue.