View Poll Results: TFPrime Dlx Wheeljack - worth buying?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 76.19%
  • Only if...

3 14.29%
  • No

2 9.52%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - TFPrime DLX Wheeljack

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I cannot fathom why Hasbro has chosen not to exploit this feature of the toy's design and just whacked a small logo on the mid-chest part.
    Maybe Hasbro got lazy?

So the Takara version should have stickers for at least:

-Front headlights
    -Autobot insignia
    -The door to tie in the two random slaps of red paint

The Hasbro version looks good in robot mode but is pretty half baked in car mode.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    One thing that kinda bugs me about the vehicle mode are the unsightly open gaps on the front and rear. I could probably forgive the gaps on the back, but having them on the front too is kinda disappointing.
    The missing grill is more for function than appearance though :/

At least you can store the weapons on WJ. Can't be done on BB without affecting the car's ability to roll

My first thoughts on Wheeljack is he is proably my favourite TF Prime figure so far. I really like the transformation & overall look of him. His poseability is fantastic & the little tribute wings add that extra something.

I will put down more thoughts later but I am a big fan of this toy & the engineering behind him.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Picked this guy up on the spur of the monent.

It has been almost a year since I bought a TF toy off the shelf. Sad innit?

Very solid robot mode, I like it, the swords are very adaptable witht heir different pegs. He can hold them like Strider Hiryu if need be, which gets a plus in my book. He also reminds me of the Lancia Stratos in Sega rally as well. One thing I would have liked is a way to hold his swords on his back in robot mode.

One thing that really bugs me is this:

Hard to believe they are both deluxes...

I can sort of see this turning into a Hot rod as well. He reeks of Animated hot rod.

Oh , I voted only if... you can get him cheap. Definitely not worth $30 Aus!!!
    Are you F'ing kidding me???? This pic is the first pic i have seen of him next to another fig and the thing is WAY too small. I just don't understand - the Aussie dollar is booming yet the Aussie prices are staying stagnant and the figures are getting smaller??? This is just the Balls!!!

It's 'cos businesses are never gonna skip on the chance to make extra profits. I can just see the TRU Hasbro meeting now...
    Executive #1: "Hey, let's pass the savings from our high Aussie dollar onto our customers!"
    Executive #2: "Nah, let's give ourselves bigger bonuses instead. All in favour?"

This is probably as good a place as any to post this latest little gem from TFW2005, btw.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 28th February 2012 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    It's 'cos businesses are never gonna skip on the chance to make extra profits. I can just see the TRU meeting now...
    Executive #1: "Hey, let's pass the savings from our high Aussie dollar onto our customers!"
    Executive #2: "Nah, let's give ourselves bigger bonuses instead. All in favour?"
    It's Hasbro that aren't passing on the savings.
    We need to send a message with our wallets. That is how capitalism works.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Here's the reality: Asking a Transformers collector to refrain from buying locally is like telling a cocaine addict to source their next hit 15,000 kilometres away from the local dealer while knowing they can get that fuzzy feeling right now if they pay a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Here's the reality: Asking a Transformers collector to refrain from buying locally is like telling a cocaine addict to source their next hit 15,000 kilometres away from the local dealer while knowing they can get that fuzzy feeling right now if they pay a bit more.
    I really like this mental image, not least because it's parents who make up the bulk of Hasbro AUs sales...