View Poll Results: TFPrime Dlx Wheeljack - worth buying?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 76.19%
  • Only if...

3 14.29%
  • No

2 9.52%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review - TFPrime DLX Wheeljack

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    It's Hasbro that aren't passing on the savings.
    We need to send a message with our wallets. That is how capitalism works.
    Personally I don't care since I've been buying almost all my Transformers online for the past decade anyway. However, for people who do care if there are Transformers on the shelves in Australia, the message Hasbro gets from Australians "voting with their wallets" isn't 'Transformers are too expensive' but 'Transformers don't sell well in Australia'. Which results in fewer Transformers on the shelves.

The more I learn about this toy, the less I want him. Maybe that's a good thing... I can finally start saving some money.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Here's the reality: Asking a Transformers collector to refrain from buying locally is like telling a cocaine addict to source their next hit 15,000 kilometres away from the local dealer while knowing they can get that fuzzy feeling right now if they pay a bit more.
    The smart one will import in bulk & get a little locally to satisfy their craving until the imported stuff arrives

Grabbed this yesterday from Cannington TRU and I don't know how to feel about it tbh.

To be honest even despite the size most of it is fine except the arms and the QC. The legs are cleverly done, there's a faux chest that I'm pretending isn't actually a faux chest, the dual swords store on his back. It's decent.

And then you get to the arms. Forearms have windscreen hanging off their inside, and the elbow won't even get to 90 degrees with the forearm. Add to that the wing mirrors getting in the way of the hands and nothing really locking in place and you're approaching the sum of the issue. Also, no bicep swivel, which in fairness is usually something I consider a spurious complaint among TF fans but has validity when the figure is meant to wield swords.

Also it was really really loose out of the box (I had to gum up all the balljoints with blu tac).

Get it if it's cheap.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I finally opened up this bad-boy and in my very low-IQ review I can say this: Toy looks cool, transformation is alright but it does feel somewhat cheap and hollow. And the underside of the car looks rather offputting. A 3/5 from Skywarp91.

I though this was one of the best toys of the whole line and a really great figure! An excellent representation of Wheeljack which not only payed homage to G1 Wheeljack but gave him his own unique spin. Ended up picking up the Dead End version (lame but was free), the AM Wildrider version (fricken awesome) and have ordered from the TFSS the Cromedome version for next year. Wheeljack was one of the best characters in the cartoon and I'm glad he got a toy that did him justice.

I've had a go at the Beast Hunters version of this toy (a co-workers child had gotten it into mid-transformation and was stuck so brought it in for me to fix) and I still prefer the RiD version