Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amazon America feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    So I bought a few DVDs from Amazon, but the expected delivery date is mid-march? Even though they have emailed me saying that the items have been shipped?

This sound normal?
    That's normal. And it won't take that long, I got the rest of my stuff quick too.

Just placed my own order today for a book (game guide). So far so good *fingers crossed*

It was from one of Amazons smaller companies - the actual description is that it's a family business that operates from their own home. They also had a feedback rating similar to eBay with 100% positive (22 ratings received).
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Be really careful when dealing with third party sellers on Amazon.

I've had some atrocious books delivered as 'New and untouched', and one that just straight scammed me, and never sent a damn thing.

I did get a refund for that, but it was still aggravating.

I find that feedback isn't that great an indicator, as most people don't seem to review their purchase or grade the seller.

I've had 100% sellers screw me, and perfect books from a 96%.

I'll only ever buy 'new'. 'Used' is just too much of a crapshoot for my liking.

Thanks Cat. Same; I only ever buy new. I'm very particular when it comes to books.

The good news is that I received an email already saying it had been shipped. That was within 24 hrs of placing the order so they get positive marks for that.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

When it comes to BluRays/DVDs, I've found Amazon UK to be much better than Amazon US - generally cheaper, much better range of region free discs, and I've yet to be charged a cent for shipping.

One BluRay from the UK with one of those cardboard covers over the top of the regular BluRay case got a little damaged on my last order, but that wasn't a particular concern for me.

On the other hand, the Calvin and Hobbes treasuries from Amazon US came in pristine condition. I was a happy little M-Bot that day, I can assure you.

Just received the Ultimate Bluray TFs Trilogy set today - so once again, another reliable shipment from them for me.

So I got one out of the many DVDs I ordered today in my mailbox.

Good that it came, but the odd thing is that this particular DVD was stated to come later than the rest of them, and those other ones have not arrived yet.

I should be more concerned now if they just stuff the DVDs in our mailbox, ours is one of those external mailboxes (not the ones built into the wall)...

I wouldn't be too worried about it yet. It happens that you get some stuff earlier than expected.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    So I got one out of the many DVDs I ordered today in my mailbox.

Good that it came, but the odd thing is that this particular DVD was stated to come later than the rest of them, and those other ones have not arrived yet.

I should be more concerned now if they just stuff the DVDs in our mailbox, ours is one of those external mailboxes (not the ones built into the wall)...
    Hah. Had the same thing happen to me today (except it was books).

Don't worry, sometimes lots get stuck in customs for a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried about it yet. It happens that you get some stuff earlier than expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Hah. Had the same thing happen to me today (except it was books).

Don't worry, sometimes lots get stuck in customs for a day or two.
    Thanks guys, the DVDs came today. All intact. So yes, Amazon is a trustworthy seller too. Sad they can't do toys, but at least their DVDs and books are cheap.