Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Amazon America feedback

Well I must say that Amazon has gone to the other extreme with the packaging on my latest order.

Like many of you I've had items damaged in transit from them - my AKD Protectobots box certainly had copped a bit.

But I just ordered 21 Rescuebots from them. The stickytape on the big box they all came in had nearly given out so the box was nearly hanging open. However each and every Rescuebot inside was inside it's own box and packed very securely. Noone of them would have been able to move a micron.

The only thing is all the little boxes are plain and I have to now open every single one to know who is inside so I can divvy them up properly with my two friends who went in on the order for their kids as well

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Got a book (comic trade paperback) from Amazon today, very disappointed in the condition it arrived in. Warped front and back cover with noticeable creased front cover and pages. Came in a padded envelope that offered no protection. I have a few books on preorder with Amazon because they were cheaper, but I'm going to cancel and stick to a company that ships books in solid cardboard envelopes instead.
    i bought 3 volumes of the IDW hardcover collection a year or 2 ago, they came in a box that was clearly too big for them with 2 of those puffed up inflatable bag thingies but one had deflated and they all got damaged a bit moving around in the box during the journey.

What does it mean when item is sold by Amazon? Does it mean it's definitely not fake? It's different when it sold by someone/some business on Amazon.

Just want to check this.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    What does it mean when item is sold by Amazon? Does it mean it's definitely not fake? It's different when it sold by someone/some business on Amazon.

Just want to check this.
    If it's sold by Amazon it almost certainly would not be fake. It means it is their own inventory. Of course other businesses also sell through Amazon and I've seen plenty of KO's. Best to stick with either Amazon sold stuff or buy through reputable sellers only.

One of the downsides of the automated system that Amazon has, is that once products get mixed up in the warehouse, it doesn't get noticed when orders are being picked... and I've had a three wrong items sent in the last few months.

This one came last week, instead of the Offroad Patrol (it even had the wrong Amazon product sticker on it)...

The upside of Amazon though is how easy it has been to get replacements or refunds (if the item is no longer in stock).
    I contacted them through their chat help screen (which isn't convenient for my hours), showing them a photo of what I got, and links to both items (what I ordered, and what I got). Since the item I wanted was still in stock, they offered to send out a new one, or to give a refund. I told them to do what ever is easiest, because I was going to be ordering some more items soon. They chose to send a replacement, and said it would be sent express (which would be a fair bit for a single item), so should get to me tomorrow.
    Since I'm in Australia, they've never asked for the wrong item to be posted back, because of the expense.... so even though their mistake might be frustrating (having to wait extra time for the toy you wanted), at the very least, you get a free toy out of it. (not sure if that is the case for more expensive items though)

All my USA Amazon purchases have come via Amazon prime but with the prowl/Ironhide set I went via Amazon itself...

So havent received any notification of it being shipped like I do with Prime but when tracking my order over the website itself its showing its arriving today (which I am hopeful; but doubt it)

Has anyone else experienced this before with the tracking system and did it in fact arrive without notification?

Normally Amazon sends a notification with carrier information and tracking information when an order has shipped. I've never received an Amazon order without a shipping notification. The fact that the 'Shipped' indicator is not checked normally means the item has not shipped. The 'arriving today' information could be an indicator of the ETA on the date the order was originally made.

Quote Originally Posted by Flukey View Post
    All my USA Amazon purchases have come via Amazon prime but with the prowl/Ironhide set I went via Amazon itself...

So havent received any notification of it being shipped like I do with Prime but when tracking my order over the website itself its showing its arriving today (which I am hopeful; but doubt it)

Has anyone else experienced this before with the tracking system and did it in fact arrive without notification?
    Well it changed to Delayed, not yet shipped... I missed out on the seekers and Coneheads so hopefully my preorder for this isnt canned!