Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon America feedback

Default Amazon America feedback

Hi folks,

I've never bought from this site before but from my understanding, you can order DVDs (such as the TF Michael Bay Movie Trilogy set) and possibly TF toys to be imported into Australia but am still uncertain about a couple of things and hoping that perhaps some fellow members can answer these questions.

I know some of these questions could be answered from Googling around but I'd prefer an Otca-narian's opinion over some anonymous over the interwebs. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1) Are they trustworthy? Has anyone had any real bad experiences with Amazon.com?

2) What is the postage method they use? International Air Mail? UPS? FedEx?

3) I tried ordering a toyset (Halo Mega Bloks Exclusive Set #96971 - Floodgate Set) but when I got to the shipping screen, it said that the item could not be added to my shopping cart. Why is this so? Are toys not allowed to be shipped here?

Thanks again

- Skywarp91

Toys and some other items have restrictions, and can only be posted to an American address (if it is something you desperately want, perhaps try PriceUSA, in our Dealer section).

Quite a few of us have used them, for TFs DVDs that aren't released here, and that 25th Anniversary Unicron, which was a surprising exception to their toy posting restriction.
    Shipping is usually USPS, but they probably offer other options.
    I recently had delivered the Prime DVD, and am waiting on the Trilogy boxset, which I had on pre-order.
    Just note that they are also agents for other (registered) sellers and businesses, so if you want to be sure of extra protection, just buy items directly from them (if they list multiple options).

I've bought from Amazon on several occasions. Never had an issue with them being unable to ship something, although I've pretty much only ordered books.

The one annoying thing about them is the digital downloads. I tried to order the soundtrack for Supernatural however it was not available for download in my region It's all good though; there are other methods and Amazon missed out on getting my money.

It's been about 6-8 months since my last order so I can't recall what shipping method they used. Sorry.

One thing to keep in mind too is that just because you're ordering from Amazon doesn't mean you get it from Amazon. They literally have 100's of supply chains.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I've spent thousands on amazon.com, one of the best online retailers... Bargain shipping(though they don't pack expensive hardcovers as good as I'd like) they don't ship everything they stock to Australia.... I don't know their exact policy but I've not been able to get pocket knives, nerf blasters, TF toys or sex toys. I mostly just buy all my comic books from them. Robot kingdom and BBTS are easier to get Tf's from online.
    WANTS
    BotCon Dreadwind. Classics Mirage.[B]

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by mentok27 View Post
    I've spent thousands on amazon.com, one of the best online retailers... Bargain shipping(though they don't pack expensive hardcovers as good as I'd like) they don't ship everything they stock to Australia.... I don't know their exact policy but I've not been able to get pocket knives, nerf blasters, TF toys or sex toys. I mostly just buy all my comic books from them. Robot kingdom and BBTS are easier to get Tf's from online.
    0_o

One of these things is not like the other....

I use Amazon for a hell of a lot of books, particularly Marvel omnibus editions and OHC's from various companies (and occasionally Blu-Rays).

Any time I've had a problem, it's been fixed with a replacement immediately. I'm completely happy dealing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    0_o

One of these things is not like the other....

I use Amazon for a hell of a lot of books, particularly Marvel omnibus editions and OHC's from various companies (and occasionally Blu-Rays).

Any time I've had a problem, it's been fixed with a replacement immediately. I'm completely happy dealing with them.
    Yeah the pocket knives.... They are not to be played with! Everything else it's all fun and games.

I know amazon proper won't ship TF toys but other sellers using the amazon store may be able too.
    WANTS
    BotCon Dreadwind. Classics Mirage.[B]

Ya I reckon amazon is probably more suitable for multimedia and books. I used to buy all my novels from there, but I find there are alternative sites that offer much better prices and cheaper shipping. abebooks and bookdepository come to mind.

In terms of transformers though, to me it seems that the majority of the stuff is overpriced or just the standard stuff you'll find in stores/anywhere else.

Also, there's no paypal (which outside of ebay at least provides some basic buyer protection). Not a fan of paying via credit card online.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Ya I reckon amazon is probably more suitable for multimedia and books. I used to buy all my novels from there, but I find there are alternative sites that offer much better prices and cheaper shipping. abebooks and bookdepository come to mind.

In terms of transformers though, to me it seems that the majority of the stuff is overpriced or just the standard stuff you'll find in stores/anywhere else.

Also, there's no paypal (which outside of ebay at least provides some basic buyer protection). Not a fan of paying via credit card online.
    Your credit card provider also provides you with protection, and it's longer than Paypals (Paypal = 45 days, pretty much all CC companies = 3 months).

I've only brought from them once. Some game guides I needed as they were cheap. I clicked the ship it fast option, which was more expensive but really quick (couple of days from memory)

I tried to buy some Kenner Alien and Predator toys but the majority weren't able to be shipped here

I'll buy from them again

I bought a number of cds from them a few years back and got them all. Some took a little longer but I got em. I recently used them again to buy a few more cds and dvds and a book, but one of the dvd/cds i really wanted they couldn't ship to Australia due to legal reasons.

As Griffin suggested, try using PriceUSA to see if you can get it, I will be trying them over the weekend to see if I can get it that way.

All in all though, they are a pretty good resource for buying stuff from IMO.