Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: February Finds

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    These came in the mail for me today, my lovely Girl Friend bought me these as a Birthday Present to herself lol

where did your gf get em?

Default bright light

Sweet sweet shoes!!. I would love to see a Binaltech Barricade. They've practically got the mold . Just need a new head and a repaint. (Maybe some bumpers, but i could live without them)

Oh, and lights

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Anyways, you can get an English translation of the manga, no time to search for a link sorry. Totally worth a read though a lot more lighthearted than the movie/series - not quite up there with the Akira manga but still awesome and with a few observations on Shirow's take on mecha/cyborgs.
    The English translations sometimes omit some of the, er, 'saucier' bits - most likely due to censorship or whatever. Hursti: I have the original GitS manga - if you like I can bring it along next time we meetup if you wanna look at what was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    These came in the mail for me today, my lovely Girl Friend bought me these as a Birthday Present to herself lol

Gee if I was like ten or so I would have been so gaga all over the shoes of design awesomeness ...
    Now in my mid 30s I will really look like a stupid doofus walking around with transformers shoes.
    Why did they not do this way back in 84

More goodness...

TAKARA:
    TF Prime FE Arcee and DotM deluxe Leadfoot:

Love Arcee and while the backpack is a little bit kibbly, it's still a pretty fantastic avatar of the show. Deluxe Leadfoot is quite complex, I'm talking RotF Mixmaster here. Ok, maybe not quite, but this is complex for a deluxe. Also, he isn't as ugly as the pictures suggest.

Man I love the alt modes of the techy DOTM Wreckers. Leadfoot has the nicest bot mode out of all 3 too imo. Gut formers FTW!

Yeah. It's a pity Roadbuster isn't in mechtech alt mode. Ruins the asthetic continuity. But yes gut formers rules - Animated Bulkhead & Ratchet.

This arrived today, courtesy of canofwhoopass_eightyseven

Quote Originally Posted by Danzvader78 View Post
    Gee if I was like ten or so I would have been so gaga all over the shoes of design awesomeness ...
    Now in my mid 30s I will really look like a stupid doofus walking around with transformers shoes.
    No way! I reckon you'd like 9 flavours of AWESOME!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Also, he isn't as ugly as the pictures suggest.
    Yeah, he does look nicer IRL than in photos (not utterly fantastic, but nice enough). A part of me wishes he had a more original Mech Tech weapon instead of a recolour of Ratchet's.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Man I love the alt modes of the techy DOTM Wreckers. Leadfoot has the nicest bot mode out of all 3 too imo. Gut formers FTW!
    Not to mention wheeled-janglies-formers. (burn outs must really hurt XO)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Yeah. It's a pity Roadbuster isn't in mechtech alt mode. Ruins the asthetic continuity.
    I agree. I don't mind the regular car mode of DLX Roadbuster; but it's the inconsistency that's annoying. Either all the DLX Wreckers should have attack vehicle modes or they should all have regular vehicle modes. And then they did a similar thing with the Legions Class Wreckers too! Roadbuster and Leadfoot are in their attack modes and Top Spin is in his regular car mode! I don't see why they made both Legion and Deluxe Leadfoots in their attack modes -- that means I now have Roadbuster and Top Spin in both their vehicle forms, but I have no Leadfoot toy in regular car form. Inconsistency FTL.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The English translations sometimes omit some of the, er, 'saucier' bits - most likely due to censorship or whatever. Hursti: I have the original GitS manga - if you like I can bring it along next time we meetup if you wanna look at what was cut.
    Aww,dammit...I got the censored version.
    Admittedly I'm really more into GitS for the philosophy and mech design, but it's still kind of a drag. Not quite worth getting another one just for the naughty bits though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Aww,dammit...I got the censored version.
    Admittedly I'm really more into GitS for the philosophy and mech design, but it's still kind of a drag. Not quite worth getting another one just for the naughty bits though.
    Censored version?

I have all three GitS books (1, 1.5 and 2) by Shirow Matsumune and they were done by Dark Horse.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.