Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: February Finds

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Went for a walk at lunch and picked up

it is a really nice presented Hard Cover.. will probably get rid of the TPB now...
    Sharky - where did you pick that up from?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    Sharky - where did you pick that up from?
    Kings Comics in the city.. i really love the presentation on this one and the bonus stuff in the back is pretty good
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Thanks to whoopy for my boxed Scorpy and Red Alert... and another Scorpy from Britain.

Payday today, so got these guys. What the hey...

I like Megatron. Optimus Prime isn't too bad. Their leg to hip ball joints are a bit loose though, so posing can be a bit of trouble. I want to see the First Edition just to see how these really stack up. Otherwise they aren't really that bad.

Drooling over that Wreckers hardcover Sharky, what a lucky fellow you are!

My purchase for the week: Transformers Animated Freeway Jazz. Probably my favourite version of this mould - the dark grey really works well and the yellow headlights are beautiful. Very pleased.

@DD - I never really got into TF animated, but that freeway Jazz is sweet! Is that the side exhausts turning into nunchucks? And gold trim wheels! I'm now thinking of trying to get one of these myself

Latest acquisitioin for me is TF Prime wheeljack. Love dem swords!

Yes the side exhausts turn into nunchucks - one of Animated's many strong points was the variety of weapons present in the series.

Animated had some neat weapons (like Jazz's nunchakus, Leader Megatron's cannon, Ultra Magnus' hammer etc.) but also some forgettable ones too (e.g. Voyager OP's axe/trailer, Ironhide's Fight, Blackout's launcher etc.) - but I reckon Jazz's nunchakus are nice solid weapons and arguably the best Animated weapon that's integrated as part of the alt mode.

Today's haul, with some of my last few buys pictured too. RotF Highbrow, DotM Que, and Hasbro Animated Rodimus are all from last week, but today I picked up:
    Henkei Hot Rod Hot Shot, who will one day be getting a repainted license plate.
    DotM Skyhammer Odieverse Whirl.
    United Unicron, who I stupidly got at Joshin before remembering if I'd gotten him at TRU I could have gotten a free lurid green Nightstick. Unless the bonus is for DotM stuff only, but meh.
    ...and...
    Loose Robot Masters Skywarp and Thundercracker, both missing their tailfins but otherwise seemingly OK. Will work on completing them someday, and will probably just sell on the boxed reissue TC & SW set I picked up last week somewhere down the track.
    Aside from Unicron all were pretty good bargains, with SW and TC coming in at a little under $10 AU each, Skyhammer at a little over $20 or slightly less than a DotM Deluxe on sale from a chain store, and Hot Shot at a little over new Deluxe price. Unicron was normal retail cost.