Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: February Finds

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I can still grab multiples of any of them, for $30 each, at a local Toyworld.
    You might find the people complaining don't have access to Toyworlds (and the equivalents). I have this feeling that NSW doesn't have any.

Toyworlds are the stores I'm staking out to see if they get TF:Prime toys in. No luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Toyworlds are the stores I'm staking out to see if they get TF:Prime toys in. No luck so far.
    That is a very good idea Paul. When I bought SS Grappel there were heaps on the shelf at Toyworld. There were also heaps of Lugnuts.

due to the lack of stock out there, i finally can put up an acquisition for the first time in 2 months ( thanks Hasbro )!!!

was in k-mart and was disapointed at the same old same old, when i thought i would just have a rummage in the shelves and Behold someone had put the Lunar Crawler Cyberverse set up the back and underneath some (3) BB and (1) Shockwave Cyber sets.

And also got it for $13.75, it was the only one there.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

I had IDW trades of Bumblebee, Drift, Ironhide, Volume 4: Heart of Darkness, and Volume 5: Chaos Theory delivered from the Book Depository.
    Still waiting on Volume 2 and 3 to arrive (they were sent 2 days later), while I have 6 and 7 on pre order.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Nabbed a copy of Robots in Disguise comic #1.

Seems the comics are going to keep me interested in the franchise for the foreseeable future with two outstanding series and a tolerable one all out at once!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

okay, just noticed and echoing Paul Agnew's words - standards are slipping people.... where are the pics?? Its three pages now into the thread pics up!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    okay, just noticed and echoing Paul Agnew's words - standards are slipping people.... where are the pics?? Its three pages now into the thread pics up!!
    I wasn't going to say anything but yes, this thread is starting to resemble a Zork text adventure.

Default February 2012

February 2012:

-G1 huffer tech spec
    -Reprolabels for G1 Scorponok (x2),G1 Wheeljack & G1 Soundwave
    -G1 wheelie & powerglide tech specs
    -G1 catalog(for mib scorponok)& kup instructions
    -G1 wheeljack wing
    -G1 hot spot loose-metal chest version (w/all parts & instructions)
    -G1 streetwise (loose w/all parts & tech spec)
    -G1 scorponok parts-all 4 radar towers & 2 mechanical repair arms
    -G1 onslaught instructions/tech spec/paperwork bag w/tech spec decoder
    Special thanks to OTCA member CANOFWHOOPASS 87 for these 5!;
    -G1 Ultra magnus [rubber tyres version] (mib/complete)
    -G1 dirge (loose w/all parts & tech spec)
    -G1 outback (loose w/all parts)
    -G1 gears (loose w/all parts & tech spec)
    -G1 Hot Rod [metal feet version] (mib)

-G1 sludge (loose/complete)
    -Kreo prowl (misb)

special thank you to OTCA MEMBER GUTSMAN HEAVY for these 4!;
    -rotf the fallen (loose)
    -rotf breakaway (dark)(loose)
    -rotf brawn (loose)
    -rotf skystalker (loose)

-G1 scorponok manual and (spare) lord zarak
    -G1 sixshot (complete 2 guns & stickers on their way!)

Last edited by tjparkside; 1st March 2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: added more finds

How long did it take for your order from Reprolabels to arrive TJP?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    That could be taken as a compliment or an insult, LOL!
    Eep!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    Well judging by the fact that it came from Hursti it's not possible to be the latter...
    Hihi!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    This is true, my apologies for being a cheeky monkey.
    DD = This guy!

If you mean the current IDW material - Yeah, they collect it in trade. IDW really has an emphasis on collected editions, so everything gets collected, usually multiple times. If you're after info on the IDW stuff, I'm more than happy to help Or ask Arcee. I think she passed the crash course.
    Indeed, Arcee has been quite a big help on the subject; the current 'new' Ongoing's is indeed what I was referring to though.

If you mean the Marvel stuff - IDW has sorta done it (had to skip the Marvel issues containing marvel characters) and are doing them again (with those issues re-inserted) but the colouring is.....well, it's not for everyone. Some people strongly prefer the Titan tpbs. I personally have both, and I like the matte paper on IDW better, but the colour reproduction on Titan more, so I don't really know how that balances out? At the moment, I'm giving the IDW reprints a fair go, and reading the first volume of US (They're also doing the UK material in Classics too. Some stuff Titan never did, which is great).
    Checkout my collection here man (3rd last pic), I think you'll be proud ; Have you got the B&W Titan Reprints? - It's my understanding they collect the the very tail-end of the UK stuff - worth obtaining in your opinion?

I can't wait for Earthforce at full size, colour be damned. (Hopefully they'll leave them black and white, but who knows. That's a way off, anyway).
    Colour is great, but so can B&W and especially if the line-art is good.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I think the lesson here is never open them. Ignorance is bliss
    No! - Don't do it!

Second time in two days I've seen Aussie collectors complaining about Grapple and co (Strafe, Lugnut, etc), on different boards.
    That's sad to hear, I was extremely lucky with my own; both in acquistion (Courtesy of Zippo ) and in production quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    You might find the people complaining don't have access to Toyworlds (and the equivalents). I have this feeling that NSW doesn't have any.
    You're spot on there man, we have very few indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I had IDW trades of Bumblebee, Drift, Ironhide, Volume 4: Heart of Darkness, and Volume 5: Chaos Theory delivered from the Book Depository.
    Still waiting on Volume 2 and 3 to arrive (they were sent 2 days later), while I have 6 and 7 on pre order.
    Damn!
    A very nice narrative haul there GP, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by tjparkside View Post
    February 2012:
    -G1 huffer tech spec
    -Reprolabels for G1 Scorponok (x2),G1 Wheeljack & G1 Soundwave

*snip*
    Sweet!
    Be sure to post some pics here TJ.